Knights Who Say Ni

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

_40761672_dounecastle203undisc.jpg

Hundreds of fans from across the world are set to descend on Doune Castle this weekend for the third Monty Python Day.

The 14th Century keep was made famous as Castle Anthrax in the 1975 classic film Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Nick Finnigan, Historic Scotland events and filming manager said: "The event has been a sell-out for each of the past three years and this year has been no exception, with all 500 tickets snapped up weeks in advance.

"As well as all the old favourites, we have introduced some special new activities to the line-up including a Monty Python Hall of Fame featuring photos from past Python events.

"There will also be a few surprises on the day itself."

Oh boy, that sounds like a blast. I've got the special edition DVD of the movie and it has a short documentary about the making of the film. The entire film (every castle scene) was made in that castle on a total budget of around $250K.

I have a member on my site who is very much into castles. Here's his websites.

Castle Duncan

Castle Postcards & Prints

I was a huge fan of Monty Python back in the 70's. Not many American understood the British humor but it was some of the funniest stuff!

The Black Knight has always been my favorite skit.

"HA! Merely a flesh wound!"

Did you ever catch "The Young Ones" OMG!!! that show was hilarious!

Back
Top Bottom