Letter from Cigna:

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Topcat

Stalwart
Reaction score
I got a totally confusing letter Sat. from Cigna insurance that seems to say both that they will have no neurology providers at the same time as saying that they will. Their website is confusing. I called my PCP and haven't heard back. I'm in the west so his office hasn't closed yet.

Does anyone here have Cigna? Did you get the letter? Any help would be appreciated.

How frustrating! I don't have Cigna, but wish you well. Keep calling, it seems like these days a person has to be extra "pushy" these days to get basic customer service. :(

I thought you all used medi care
Medicare is the government run portion, they collect funding, manage cost and care, but the actual insurance is provided by regular insurance carriers, like Cigna, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, etc.

This is very simplified since their are different parts to medicare, part A, part B, Part D.

Last edited:
I used to have Cigna while I worked at my previous job. I never received any confusing letters from them. They were always a very open insurance provider (I had a PPO so that probably helps). Back in July of last year I racked up quite a few hospital and emergency room bills including surgery on my right shoulder from a fall. I never had any problems with them except for being slow at times to send out payment to the billers.

My primary care Dr.'s nurse ultimately told me what was going on.
Cigna is no longer going to have an "in-house" (for lack of a better term) neurologist. They are sending the patients who go to him offsite.

Since I have to go offsite anyway (to a Dr. that has the training and equipment to check VNS,) it has no real affect on me. Only thing is for some reason my primary care Dr. had to make a new referral to see him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom