Lunar Eclipse

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
It's times like this i would LOVE to be able to drive! The 2015 Lunar Eclipse starts tomorrow morning at 4am and I happen to be in a city that will be able to see it!

I want to see it because the last time I saw one, my Mother was alive, we shared the same interest of the moon, the look of it in all of it's phases, the look of it reflecting on Lake Superior, so we went to the top of the hill, and watched it all! It made for a long night lol but it was beautiful!

I think I'm going to ask my Father to bring me to the top of the hill around 6:30 tomorrow morning since it should be in it's maximum around 6:45, so I think he might agree to it. It'd be great to see the whole thing but it's almost 6hrs! If he say's he's too tired tomorrow, I might be able to get a glimpse of it at my house, depending on where the moon is in the sky. All of the tree's we have in our yard might stop any chance of my seeing it.

Last edited:
Sounds/sounded like fun...I love astronomy too 8)

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the eclipse. I had, LOL, slept through my alarm this morning, saturday is my day to sleep in!

I had learned later that my Father was already awake when the eclipse was happening after I told him about missing the eclipse this morning.

But I found a website that had recorded it and was able to watch it earlier, and even when watching it online it was still breath-taking!

Last edited:
Awesome Possum! I'd really like to go up to an observatory again...years back I did and got to see Mars the size of a big orange...could see the "ice" and everything :D

Now that would be fun to see!

We had one in our city that was built in 1917 by a local astronomer that was open to everyone, but after the owner died it was left to the city university. The observatory and everything in it was still open to everyone up until the 60's i guess, but the university decided to close it, they then moved the telescope to the university and now you have to be a student to use it.

Last edited:
Isn't it amazing the many wonders of creation??? Whether it be through a telescope or through a microscope...it's all just simply beautiful...

Ironically though more resources are used on researching other worlds than our own planet...which is mostly water...ahhh the deep unknown...in space or in the sea...what a grand mystery...

Speaking of which maybe the universe is a giant "aquarium"...like the Earth and our bodies comprising mostly of water...something would allude to an infinite network of celestial bodies swimming in an eternity of... imagination

close your eyes and let the sonoluminescence carry you away 8)

Last edited:
I believe that the universe is never-ending! And the only things we are, with how big the universe is, are ants trying to make it day to day without being stepped on!

And when it comes to imagination, that is also never-ending! Imagination cannot be stopped. No matter where, or who you are.

(I apologize if I've offended anyone!)

Back
Top Bottom