[Info] Lyrica

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am worried about starting on Vimpat due to my age (66) and possibly having cardiac issues and fainting.

I emailed my neuro to discuss going on Lyrica instead.

Lyrica does not affect mood like Vimpat may and I have a mood disorder. I do not have coverage for medication for mood on board. I will keep Vimpat as alternative plan B. Will see what my neuro feels.

Thank you for your opinions as they will be greatly appreciated !!

Debbie

With Lyrica, I was very "happy" feeling for the first year or so. My social anxiety and mild depression diminished in a big way. After about a year, I must have gotten used to it because I went back to my normal self. The first few days after a dose increase I always felt euphoric and sort of "high." Hope that helps.

Hello Zombelina ~ Thank you for the happy report with Lyrica. My neuro said it might help with my anxiety issues. Are you still on Lyrica?

Debbie

Hi Debbie,
I'm still on a very small amount of Lyrica but will likely be coming off it to add another medication soon. The side effects I experienced with the higher doses of Lyrica were increased appetite and concentration problems. I think many people have great success with it helping anxiety issues (as did I). And the effect was immediate. I have heard that medications like SNRIs and SSRIs take weeks to kick in, so that was a nice perk to the Lyrica. I hope it works well for you if you try it!

Back
Top Bottom