Made someone's day a little better

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

C0urt

Veteran
Reaction score
Was trying to make a fabric conversion for a purchase at a store at the mall yesterday when I got nervous, and stared to have a partial seizure. I told the clerk I had been having really headaches lately because I really didn't want the usual ceremony and running around whenever you tell people that you are having a seizure.

He looked up and told me he understood he had been having horrible headaches since he had a grand mal a few days ago and being put on keppra. He then pulled the bottle out of his pocket. I understood losing his license over a seizure. He told was counting the days. I couldn't blame him. looking for rides gets old really quickly.

Apparently he was just just starting to get depressed about everything. But meeting someone going through the same thing made him feel a little bit better.

That's great! A little understanding and empathy go a long way, don't they?

I would love to meet somebody in thed real world with E. I would have somebody to relate to.

I hear you, Bee. After more than 10 years not knowing anyone else with this, someone who'd seen me eat it on campus more than once broke the ice. She has seizures too (not epilepsy tho- on account of a brain tumor). It's been great comparing stories of local first-responders and neurologists, not to mention the heaps and mounds of perspective and appreciation for being cancer free.

I have meet 4-5 people in the real world, one a drunk crazy chick talking about her special epilepsy dog, makes her money as a bdsm model in san fran, the other in a er we ordered pizza because it was a slow night and both our blood sugars were low.

Apparently he was just just starting to get depressed about everything. But meeting someone going through the same thing made him feel a little bit better.

That's great! I find in situations like that, it goes both ways:)

Hope you are feeling better now!

after my first grand mal, in gym class, in front of 84 people. my friend who has epilepsy in school decided to switch into my gym class and go through it with me. she was rly uncontrolled at the time and twitched more than i did. she would rather people look at her than at me because i was so embarrassed. now her seizures are getting more controlled :)

Back
Top Bottom