Mercy Beach

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Bernard

Your Host
Administrator
Benefactor
Reaction score
Mercy Beach, the youngest member of the Kemah family that in January received a new house from Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, died Sunday following a seizure.

Mercy, whose second birthday would have been Wednesday, had been plagued by many health issues since birth. She suffered from brain damage and was blind, deaf and tube fed, said Chris Seay, the family's pastor. Yet, he added, “she was constantly being held and loved on.”

Melissa and Larry Beach, foster and adoptive parents to many children over the years, have a dozen other kids.

“When we first got Mercy, no one expected her to live very long,” Melissa Beach said. “We were truly blessed to be her parents.”

Services will be held 10 a.m. Friday at Crowder Funeral Home, 111 E. Medical Center Blvd. in Webster. The burial will follow at Mt. Olivet Catholic Cemetery, 7801 Gulf Freeway in Dickinson. Flowers are welcome at the funeral home or donations can be sent to Noah's Landing (the Beaches' nonprofit for special needs children) at 1013 Delesandri, Kemah, TX 77565.

The Extreme Makeover episode with the Beaches is scheduled to air 7 p.m. April 4 on ABC.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/star/6917612.html

Kemah is very close to where I live. Very sad.

Sad and Bad things close to home

What a sad message Bernard. I do know how you must feel. Very sad and bad things have happened very close me these days too.

Yesterday at work (I'm a university teacher) we received the sad news that one of our 21-year old students has ended his own live. :( He was such a nice boy with good study results. We (students, teachers) are full of grief and have many unanswered questions, no one understands what made him do this.

Last night in my own hometown the police found a 12-year old Dutch girl, she was missing for a week. An Amber Alert was send out 7 days ago. They found her dead body buried in the garden of a neighbour, who is a 26-year old police officer... can you believe this?! He has turned himself in yesterday. This is so very sad and it is so close to home, it could have been my girl... He just rang on the door and took her when she opened for a neighbour she thought she could trust, a police man. Instead he murdered this child and probably he has sexually abused her. http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/03/17/dutch-police-missing-girl-dead-arrest/?test=latestnews

Oh, how

very, very sad. For both of you.

I will keep all of them in my prayers.......

Back
Top Bottom