Mom might have cancer

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Last week I went over to my mom's house and she was on the phone so I just stayed in another room and played with the cats. When she got off the phone I went into the room that she was in and she told me she was on the phone with the dr who removed a bump from her lip and started crying. I asked her if it was cancer and she said that they were almost positive but all the tests weren't in yet. She said if it is cancer they don't think it's going to be serious and she won't have to go through chemo and radiation but there's always that chance.

She told me no one knew except my dad and she wasn't going to tell anyone else but I just happened to be in the right place at the wrong time and found out.

Please keep your fingers crossed, click your heals together three times, find a four leaf clover or anything else that you do for good luck but just hope it isn't cancer or serious if it is.

:hugs:

I hope she will be okay.

Hi valeried,

I hope your mom will be okay and there won't be any problems. I've had a lot of family with different types of cancer but the treatments they had stopped it and they are fine. I wish you and your mom only the best of luck and May God Bless Both of You!

Sue

Hi Valeried

Sorry I have not been around or in contact but things are crazy with me over the last while, I understand what you are feeling and its not nice as you know I am going through all this at the moment and the worry is very hard but the one thing is do not lose hope. Things will get better and the thing is you will only make yourself sick and will not be able to help, no do not think about telling the rest of the family that is up to your mom. Look at me making myself sick refusing to go to hospital and now cutting the top off my finger. How you do not worry I do not know but try and I will think of you and your mom every day when I say a prayer and light a candle for her. You mind yourself.

Thinking of your mom and hoping the results come back benign with nothing to worry about. Being human we always think the worst, it's just what we do and so often we are wrong so please try not to worry now and I know that's very hard but your mom needs to see that you're positive for her in order to ease her mind too.

Keeping all three of you in my thoughts and prayers. xx

Great news! My mom had to have a second surgery because they didn't take enough of the bump out of her lip the first time to find out positive results and she found out today that it isn't cancer!!!!

Thank you so much everyone for keeping me in your wishes, thoughts and prayers - it really meant a lot!

What fab news - so happy for your mom and all the family, big weight off your minds. xx

Back
Top Bottom