[Recommended] Mommy, I Feel Funny

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I might be biased, since it more closely fits my daughter's symptoms, but we loved it.

This is a story of Nel, a little girl with epilepsy. It walks the readers through her auras, seizure, testing, diagnosis, and then treatment. The language was perfectly understandable to my six year old. Even better, they added humorous imagery in, which my daughter found very silly. It was reassuring about the testing, and about the outcome after. It was an informative book, but entertaining.

Our favorite thing about this book was the description of the auras. It fit with the fear my daughter felt. It also talked about how some people sense things that aren't there during an aura.

I wish they would have mentioned that some people experience just the auras as there epilepsy, instead of it just being before seizures. By the time my daughter was placed on medicine, she has started to have Complex Partials, as well as Simple Partials, so the aura part didn't take anything away from her relating. But, for a while, she was just experiencing Partials, so it almost made it seem like her Partials weren't "real epilepsy".

Other than that, my daughter loved the book.

Sounds like a great book and I'm glad there are books out there written in child-friendly language =)

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Coping With Epilepsy Forums may be compensated.
Back
Top Bottom