[Info] 'More than the girl with epilepsy': Girl ignores bullies, becomes pageant queen

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

BIGMAN131307

Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.today.com/kindness/girl-becomes-pageant-queen-after-being-bullied-epilepsy-t105192

'More than the girl with epilepsy': Girl ignores bullies, becomes pageant queen
Nov. 21, 2016 at 4:46 PM - Terri Peters

Being picked on takes a toll on kids, but Jody Furrh is using her classmates’ bullying to inspire and educate others about epilepsy — the seizure-causing neurological condition she was diagnosed with as an infant.

The 14-year-old Kansas girl has entered beauty pageants, held fundraisers and written a book in her efforts to tell the world about epilepsy and the people who have the condition. And she does it all with her loyal service dog, Justice, at her side: he can sense when she's about to have a seizure and alert her.

"He's there to help me," Jody explained. "He'll come up and put his paws on my leg or nudge me."......

She is a role model for other girls, not those trashy "celebrities".

Back
Top Bottom