Need immediate advice please

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi I take vimpat twice a day morning and night 200 mg each and am out of town at the moment last dose was yesterday morning I as well take gabepentin I won't be able to take till tonight or tm morning st earliest am seeing a friend and forgot it how much of a risk am I at? And please add vodka to the factors of being here need advice:banana::banana::banana::ponder::ponder::banana:

How long until you get back to where the vimpat? If more than 12 hrs go to a walk in clinic or emergency department to get some. I've missed doses had nothing but completely out of sorts. The other thing is skip the vodka all together. Only your body really knows how it handles missed doses. Some of the medications last longer in your system, I'm on Vimpat and I don't like missing my scheduled doses. I'm only 100mgs in the morning due to light headed Ness issues.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Been drinking since yesterday friend goin thru rough time had migraine since day before but what r my risks ATM cause so far I'm naesous as hell and prolly not near a clinic

As well most likely I'd b back to my vimpat tm morning or late tonight I'm as well on medical marijuana can that help keep seizures at bay till my return?

Been drinking since yesterday friend goin thru rough time had migraine since day before but what r my risks ATM cause so far I'm naesous as hell and prolly not near a clinic
I just lost my wife just over a month ago and I found other ways to get through the crap. Quit the drinking, hydrate yourself and see if there might be a walk in clinic. I'm only with epilepsy not a doctor. I don't mess with missing meds anymore. Too much at risk, my one and only tonic clonic was extremely long. Don't mess with things when it's your life involved.

Ok thank you but is there anything else I can do to reduce risks at this point if no walk in clinic?

As well will my medical marijuana help reduce my risks? And I'm drinking water now gunna lay down heads pounding n wanna puke but I'll check in on replys

As well will my medical marijuana help reduce my risks? And I'm drinking water now gunna lay down heads pounding n wanna puke but I'll check in on replys
The head pounding and wanting to puke is dehydration mostly and your body saying "what have you done to me!". I have no experience with medical marujuana so no comment on that one.

Can't answer that question as I'm not a doctor, are you missing all your epilepsy meds not just vimpat and you're drinking?

I use the gabepentin for multiple issues and seems to help vimpat which I have prescribed for siezures last dose was yesterday morning I'm missing all my meds tho and am on several only ones I have r my pain meds but traced one oxyzipams gabepentin solificinan and headache meds I take as well I think the only risky one not to have is the vimpat aka lacosamide

Hi Joshwhitelaw,

Gnault gave you some excellent advice. I've been on vimpat for yrs. along with medical marijuana. Stay away from the alcohol because that will only mess things up more. I've gone a full day without vimpat and I've been okay. Neurontin caused me to have absence status seizures so I had to get off of it. Get to the clinic or ER a.s.a.p.
Wishing you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you u guys r awesome here I appreciate all this help so until I go to clinic order or u till I'm home would my medical marijuana help control the possibility of these happening?

Hi Joshwhitelaw,

I have been using medical marijuana for over a yr. and it has reduced my absence and complex partial seizures. As long as you haven't been drinking alcoholic beverages it should/or may help. I wish you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

Hi Joshwhitelaw
I just looked at your profile, and see you've had epilepsy since childhood, so you should know better than to get smashed on Vodka? Cruel to be kind advice which I've been given over the last thirty years but you've got to stop drinking, or at least cut it down, take better care and attention with your medication, your doctors are trying to help you, do them the honour of helping yourself too.
I joined this excellent Forum so that I could share my experiences with people and listen to theirs, but none of us are qualified to give out advice on what you should or shouldn't do with strong prescribed medication, drugs that affect us all in such different ways.
We all have to take care of ourselves when living with this condition, because if we don't, our seizure patterns can worsen, and we'll end up being stuck with uncontrolled seizures for life. Do you really want that?
You might think I'm being harsh on you, but you did ask for advice and I only see ridiculous replies, I hope you've managed to get yourself sorted out
There can be no positive outcome for any of us, unless we take care of ourselves and do what our doctors tell us.
Elaine

Thank you guys home safe now took my regular dose of all my meds I'm over tired can't really focus etc cause gunna crash and imnstill shakey as all hell n some negetive effects but I'll repost after some sleep peace and love to all

Back
Top Bottom