need to complain about some garbage in my life!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seizuregirl

Stalwart
Reaction score
And it is true Garbage!

The garbage company we've had the last couple of years was a great one! But they had shut it down 5,6 months ago so we went to another one of the few companies in our city. Unfortunately, the way they have their recycling set up is confusing as all heck. My Father had talked to them many times about it, but it still isn't picked up when they had said it would be. And they've charged us extra on our bill when we had 1 extra bag next to the garbage can to be picked up which had never been specified when my Father signed the contract. And that finally ticked my Father off enough to go with the last available company in our city.

Unfortunately, my Uncle, he's married to my Maternal Aunt, owns the company and he and my Father never got along! I remember the fights that they had got into when I was younger about how rude my Uncle was to everyone, and how mean he was to us kids for no reason at all! And he's still that way. He's a very arrogant, self centered jerk.

So I'm hoping that we'll be fine with them, otherwise, I have no idea as to what we're going to do if my Father can't deal with them(my Uncle, that is)!

The garbage company where I live is determined by the city. Their schedule is consistent.

They many times are not reasonable wth extra garbage. My brother also lives in MN, and also has had problems with the extra garbage. The problem is that some of us only take our garbage to the street/alley once or twice a month (as there is not enough garbage on the other weeks). If one puts an extra bag next to the garbage on one of the weeks that it is picked up, they charge extra for it, rather than looking at the weeks they don't pick up anything at all. Bringing this to the attention of the garbage company (which normally has the same driver for the same route) does not accomplish anything.

I take my recycling to the curb more than I do the garbage at this point, because I try to recycle everything except my personal paperwork, which I shred or burn. I imagine they make money off recycling, but we never see it in our bills.

Glad the stink bugs are gone now. It was a bad year this year.

It is a great thing that those bugs are gone, they were horrendous! I sure hope we don't have them again next year!

I live in a 16 unit building (condos) where everyone is supposed to jointly help drag the 8 trash cans and 3 recycling bins to the curb and back. But usually it ends up being just two of us who do all the work.... :(

Even though I live with my Father and twin, I'm the one who brings the bins to the street too!

But it has to be, my Father has a bad back and it will give out at any moment for really no reason, just by stepping the wrong way! (his drs are confused as to what to do so it will feel better, surgery wont work because of the area that's messed up) And my twin can't do it either because of being autistic, she can get confused fast, she can trip easily and doesn't have the coordination to stop herself from falling.

I have no problem doing it, just hate having to get up about 6am to bring them to the street since the trucks will show up between 6-6:30am! Otherwise if they were brought down the night before we have a a VERY good chance of a lot of bears getting into them throughout the night so we always have them strapped shut throughout the week to stop them.

Bears! Yes at least I don't have to worry about those. I hope your garbage situation works out.

Back
Top Bottom