New Here --Partial Seizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Amylou

New
Reaction score
i think i have partial epilepsy does anyone else on here know about this or experience the same symptoms? i have called the doctors and will be getting a call back today.

Hi Amylou --welcome to CWE!

I moved your post to The Foyer, so more folks could see it and respond.

I don't usually have partial seizures, but MANY CWE members do, and should be able to weigh in. Partial seizure symptoms can take a wide variety of forms, usually as some kind of sensory distortion. You can read more about both Simple Partial seizures and Complex Partial seizures at the links below. (The powers-that-be have re-classified partial seizures as Focal Onset Aware Seizures and Focal Onset Impaired Awareness Seizures, but for the time being it's easier to use the older, shorter names).
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neur...y/seizures/types/simple-partial-seizures.html
http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/neur.../seizures/types/complex-partial-seizures.html

Feel free to ask questions and search the archives for more info. Here's a CWE thread that might be helpful:
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/possible-partial-seizures-19510/

i think i have partial epilepsy does anyone else on here know about this or experience the same symptoms? i have called the doctors and will be getting a call back today.

Hi, I hope you get the information you need when you hear back from the doctors. Are you having symptoms and waiting to find out the cause? There are many different types of partial seizures. I believe partial/focal onset seizures are the most common type of seizures, and many of us on here have them.

Hi and welcome.

I have them.
Sometimes they hit me worst than others. Sometimes I just have a weird feeling, De-ja Vu. Kind of a tingling maybe. Or I can have them really bad and I feel like vomiting, although I only have done so once.
I did have one a couple months ago that hit me as I was walking and it was so sudden that it threw off my balance and I tumbled in the street. Fortunately there was a bike lane that I landed in so I didn't roll into the street.
Part of the problem was, (I'm sure), that my left leg is now shorter than the right (I need to wear a shoe with a lift).
I was in in an auto accident. That caused my damaged leg as well as a closed head (brain) injury that started the seizures.

Good luck at the Doctors.

Good morning, thanks for the replies. Doctors appointment went. The doctor thinks it is Epilepsy and has referred me to Neurology at the hospital. I haven't fallen when having an episode, I have felt extreme nausea tho, and my feels very odd afterwards. yesterdays episode was definitely my worst so far tho.

Hi Amylou,

Welcome to CWE! I've had partial seizures for yrs. When I have a simple partial seizure also called an aura seizure I will get a nervous feeling in my stomach and see colors of the rainbow flashing back and forth in my eyes but I stay conscious. I also have Jamius vu where I'm totally conscious and I will be sitting in my home but nothing looks familiar to me. I have to concentrate and keep telling myself where I am and then I'm fine.
When I have a complex partial seizure it often starts out as a simple partial seizure and will lead into a complex partial seizure where I smack my lips or pull at my clothing then I will get up and wander around and when I come out of the seizure I find myself in a different room but I don't remember walking there. I wish you only the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

I just found an old post I had made. I had forgotten it, (not unusual I have memory loss).
My sick feelings I have during seizure is caused by the closed head injury I had so that isn't typical with Partial/Focal seizures.

I haven't fallen when having an episode, I have felt extreme nausea tho, and my feels very odd afterwards.
One common partial seizure symptom can be "epigastric rising" -- basically, the sensation that you're going to throw up. Stomach aura sensations tend to be felt in the upper abdomen, and might manifest as squeezing, rolling, turning, whirling, tenderness, fluttering, butterflies, pressure, burning, nausea, emptiness, etc. This kind of seizure aura tends to be linked to mesial temporal lobe seizures, though it can occur with seizures with other focal points as well.

Back
Top Bottom