New here....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelais

New
Reaction score
Hi - I am new to this forum.

I was diagnosed in April 2006 with complex partial seizures (though I went for about four years before I went to a doctor).

Over the last year I have had 4-5 seizures. Last week I had another MRI, and am waiting for the results. This week I will also see an opthalmologist, have a sleep deprived EEG and a PET scan. I am scared because my MRI last month showed something in my left temporal lobe and they aren't sure what it is, which is what has led to another MRI and the other tests.
:(
It puts my mind at ease a bit to have a forum to discuss this stuff.

Thanks!

Hi angelais, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Best case, the MRI found scar tissue. Worst case it's a tumor. I suppose they will figure it out with further testing.

I imagine they are doing all the necessary tests to see if you are a candidate for surgery to remove the item (whichever it is). The surgery has a pretty high success rate.

Welcome angelais

This is a pretty good place to let your hair down and vent. Lots of good people here!

Welcome Angelais!!!!!!!

Nice meeting you!!!!!!!!! Whatever support we can give you , we will !!!!!!!

Wether its a shoulder to lean on, information we shall try!!!!!!!!

Riva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom