new here!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
:D hi all my name is kitty and i am 25 years of age, and new here so i thought i would say hi to you all, i have had epilepsy since last december, although they are not sure what type of epilepsy i have yet? but i allso suffer with photosensitivity and was originally on epillim 800mg but gt major side effects from that and lost most of my hair, so im now tegretrol retard 800mg as im on a higher dosage of it now!! i have full tc's at night and have some partial seizures during the day!! unfortunately its still not fully controlled!!
however i have a very good partner who is brillant and looks after me, i have been on a epilepsy forum before bt found i was being bullied and has major problems, so i thought i would come and try this one out!! hope that you all make me feel welcome, as i still havnt fully come to terms with it all yet, and still cant get my head around it all, so hope i get some good information and support!!
hope to hear from you all soon from kitty 8)

Hi kk, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Sorry to hear that your seizures are uncontrolled. Are you experiencing TC's every night or just once in a while? They can really take a lot out of you.

I'm glad you have found someone who is willing to be there for you. I helped out my wife when her seizure pattern was out of control and it was a very difficult time, but she seems to have stabilized now and life is getting better every day.

There is a ton of information posted in these forums and hopefully you will find something useful in here. If not, at least you found a lighthearted place to make conversation. :)

hi bernard,
Thankyou very much, yes unfortunately i do suffer quite alot with tc's especially through the hot weather, to be honest as i have never experienced seizures through summer before, so it was and still is new to me!! i had them and partials quite frequent through the hot weather, thank goodness its slowly getting cooler as i really wasnt handling the heat well at all, :D yes i have a very supportive partner but i know when i first started to have seizures and that, he did not like it at all, but like he says now he has got used to it. allthough i think it still gets to him sometimes, but i couldnt get through this without him!!
and the tc's really knock me for six!! for the next few days im really not 100% and if i ahve had more than one in a night, it really does effect me in more ways than one!!
i do hope that i get all the support and information i will need for now and later. i have found this site really nice, thankyou from kitty

Hi kittykat - nice to meet you. I love your name :p
We have a cat named Jingle who is 18 years old. We lost her sister Belle just a couple of months ago. Kitties mean a great deal to us.

:D Hi nancy, thankyou for your message, its only my nickname for the forum!!
im sorry to hear your about your cat!! thoughts go out to you,
anyway take care for now from kitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom