Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mom2tripp

New
Reaction score
Saying HELLO!
My son has seizures...He has the grandmals and complex ones. His head turns for a few seconds...if he is standing he will fall. Hope to fine help here.

Welcome Mom2tripp!.....

Lots of good, friendly folks here!...I know you can get some good answers as well!

Ask those questions...that way we can get to know you and your situation!

Make yourself at home...Bernard and Stacy have made this a comfortable place to come gather.

Peace
:rock:

Hi I am a MOM too.
My daughter is 16, and has been having seizures for 1.5 yrs.
How old is your son?
I hope you make yourself comfortable and find some good reading material. I continue to learn something new everyday.

Welcome Mom2tripp

You will find many helpful folks and tons of information here, and fun! Kick off your shoes and make yourself at home!

Thanks for the warm welcome!!
Tripp is development delayed. He will be 28 on the 16th. He is a sweetheart of a guy! Loved by all that he meets.
He fell from a seizure Christmas eve and broke two front teeth. They had to be capped. Our wonderful dentist gave Tripp 20.00 for being so good.
Tripp is taking 1250 mg of depakote and 200mg of tegretol xr twice daily. She just upped his depakote today. Wants to get him off of tegretol and only one depakote. He has been on tegretol for about 15 years....so it may not be working. I pray this will stop those seizures!!
Thanks again for the welcome..

Betty

Well Tripp is one that can sing that he got his two front teeth for Christmas. What an ordeal. I sure hope he does better with the change in meds over time. I have observed that it sometimes can take a couple of weeks for it to be noticable in my daughter.
I will pray they all have a reduction in seizures.
Glad you joined us.

Hi Betty, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Stacy shattered her two front teeth while falling into a doorframe at the onset of a tonic clonic seizure once.

:bigmouth: OOOOOOoooooooowwwwwww :bigmouth:

Saying HELLO!
My son has seizures...He has the grandmals and complex ones. His head turns for a few seconds...if he is standing he will fall. Hope to fine help here.

:hello: And welcome to CWE! I can relate to
this totally! And as Bernard posted below me,
I've LOST teeth, shattered them, cracked them,
split them, to a point of ...

:giveup:

But I'm 45 now, fortunately your son is YOUNG,
and he won't have to suffer those hideous meds
that I had to undergo! Newer meds today aren't
as horrid as the meds of old so he has a better
chance than I and a better future and a better
light! So hang in there and touch bases with
the Neuro / Epi who's treating him and keep
in touch with the latest news and updates as
Neurology & Neuroscience is progressing in all
different directions that will make your HEAD
SPIN!

CWE is always trying to post the latest info
as we get it!

Hi & welcome to the site. I"m relatively new but I can see that there's some very friendly people here & some very knowledgable people here as well. Both have helped me out a lot (probably more than they know).

When I was younger (& still occassionally) I'd have seizures that would always pull my head to the right. It sometimes hurt because my eyballs were also pulled to the right further than I could normally.

I guess I'm lucky because if I"m standing I'll instinctively grab onto something or kneel so that I don't fall. I don't remember doing it, I only realize what I've done afterwards.

Hello and welcome! I have grand mals too. I also used to have seizures that would pull my head to the right. Then my doctor put me on a second medication. About 3 years ago, my neurologist told me that I had outgrown the ones that pulled my head to the right. Back then, I was on depakote and phenobarbital. Now it's just pheno. Sorry to hear about the 2 capped teeth...ouch....Anyway, welcome to the group. They are really friendly. :)

Rebecca's have pulled her head to the left. When it gets to that point she can't do anything to stop it. Now there is a memory component where she doesn't remember what happens prior. She has mentioned to some friends that she feels dizzy, so I think she should ask them to sit her down if she mentions that again. We don't want to replace teeth as I was just going to begin orthodontia. I think I am going to ask for the type you can take out. Less damage to the gums and tongue, if there is a seizure.

Welcome!

Wecome to CWE, Mom2Tripp!

You'll learn a lot here, and make plenty of friends, too. Nice to meet you!

Meetz:woot::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom