New person to the forum!! *smiles*

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anesa

New
Reaction score
:oops: :ridem: Hello all! My name is Anesa and I live in the lonely state of Maine. I am a 25 year old epilepsy patient that recently gotten the VNS stimulator implanted on 12/2005. The reason that I had it inplanted is because I was having breakthrough seizures, even though I was on three different medications at this time. At first, my neurologist wanted me to have part of my brain removed, but once he told me that the possible risks outweighed the bad, I said to my doctor, " No way jose! I would rather take medicine and be a guinea pig for the rest of my life instead of have part of my brain removed." He actually tried to talk me back into the surgery! Thank god my mother has been SO supportive. She gave my doctor a look that would make an egg fry itself! So the doctor mentioned the VNS stimulator and I said sure. Its been such a blessing to me. The doctor wants me to be on the stimulator for another 6 months before he starts to take me off one of my medications. Thank god!

If anybody here wants to ask me about my experiences with the VNS stimulator, I would be happy to ask them if I can.

Anesa

Hi Anesa, welcome to the forum! :hello:

I think we have another member here from Maine, so it can't be that lonely of a state. :)

:brock: hi Anesa and welcome to the forum
i havnt been on here very long myself, but are finding it very helpfull
hope to chat soon
take care from kitty

Hi Anesa

Welcome to the forum. I'm the same as KittyKat. I haven't been here long, but so far it's been brill :D

If you look on the general post I have lots of questions about the VNS. Perhaps you could have a look at it for me and let me know what you think.

Many thanks

Have you visited www.vnsmessageboard.com?

We have nearly 9000 posts by almost 600 members. Just about every aspect of the VNS has been discussed at one time or another.

You may view most of the forums as a guest but will have to register to post.

Brain surgery survivor!

Hi Anesa, I am a brain surgery survivor! The surgery wasn't bad at all. I had the option of surgery or more pills, & I chose surgery! Yes, they took out a small piece of my brain too, but that was better than the years of pills I had already had, & as I got older I was taking more pills!
It is not a decision to be taken lightly, but if either you, or someone you know, does have the option of surgery, either now or in the future, think carefully!!! Your decision may affect not only yourself, but your family too!!

Hi merlotte, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Hello, Yup there is another memeber from Maine. That would be me.
Anesa, were do you live in Maine? I live in Westbrook, next town over from Portland.
I'm glad your VNS is working for you. Who put it in?

UPDATE

Almost 800 members and nearly 14,000 posts!

Ya'll drop by and visit, now, ya hear!

Welcome

Dear Anesa,

Welcom to the forums. Everyone is very supportive here, so I'm sure you will enjoy. I personally, am scared of the VNS. I've done research on tons of options, including Gamma knife, drugs for life, homeopathy, frontal lobotamy, ect. Honestly, the frontal lobotomy gives me visions of the the end of "One FLew Over the Coo-Coo's Nest". All the options have worked for some of the people all of the time. You have to find what works best for you.

As for me, I'm the over-analytical type, who cannot look at fly without wondering what breed and sex it is. Sad but true. Good luck and feel free to enjoy the site.

Welcome to all the newbies ,Nice meeting you ,looking forward to exchanging life experiences with you.

Riva

A warm and hearty welcome to all
of our NEW FOLKS who have joined
with us! We hope you find us not
only informative, but also a place
of refuge as well as a place to ask
questions and find answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom