New to Forum

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

New
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Duke, just found the site earlier today. I have had seizures since the age of 2, I'm 40 now and have been diagnosed with complex partial seizures. Am taking 3 diferent medications, have a VNS that is turned off and have just enrolled in a clinical trial for a RNS implant at Wake Forest Baptist Medical College. I had a lobectomy at Duke University in Aug '05,before that seizures about 1 every 4 to 5 days, after 7 to 9. Big improvment , but if I'm still having seizures that means I still have to find a way to make them stop. All for now.

Duke

:hello: Duke

Sorry to hear you're still having seizures,
but sometimes a reduction of them is better
than going through dozens of them a day!

:eek:

Sounds to me you're in very good hands!

Glad you're here!

Hi Duke,

It sounds like you are working on your problem, and hopefully will have a solution soon. I hate taking ANY medication, much less three. There is a book you might find helpful.... Epilepsy: a new approach. What medicine can do; what you can do for yourself, by Adrienne Richard and Joel Reiter, M.D.

I wish you the best. You are welcome here anytime. The people at this forum are very nice and you might even find an answer from someone with the same experience.

Hi Duke: Nice meeting you , glad to hear your szs are cut in half, hopefully with patience
and time they will be gone completly. I am using homeopathy and the Gard diet to control my szs. I have ran out of meds after having epilepsy since I am 11 yrs old and I am now going on 52 yrs old. MY body is tired of the meds .

Riva

Hi Duke, welcome to the forums. :hello:

Oh man, I remember when Stacy was having tonic clonic seizures once a week. She was basically a walking vegetable. It was terrible.

I hope your CPS aren't hitting you as hard as her TCs hit her.

Gratuitous image:
theduke.jpg

Good morning all, and thanks for the welcome,
yes BRAIN ,I think the folks at Wake Forest will be able to take care of me, youre right I'm in good hands there.
Stacy,sory we're having to take medication for our condition myself, and thanks for the book title,you can never have enough info. Riva, hello and sorry you ran out of meds , hope youre doing well.
Bernard,thanks for the 2 links, my CPS sometimes last from 30 minutes to an hour and cluster , just small seizures back to back that make them last an hour. Oh yeah, prety cool John Wayne image,:tup: Thanks for the welcomes again.

Sorry about the red thumb,an accident.

Duke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom