New to forums! Hey

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacDawg37

New
Reaction score
Hello,

My son has had 3 siezures(gm's) in the past 4 months after being siezure free for about 6yrs with no meds(he is 20yr old). After his last siezure last night, we had a talk and he had told me he had not been taking the medication like directed. (sorry I dont remember the med). So tonight him and I are gonna organise a routine and i was going to try some of the below info I read here.

Anyway, I read your postings on EPSOM salt and juice, along with an article on breathing therapy. Hoping this will help him.

Im convinced my sons sz are brought about by stress.

ps/ I originally was just gonna say hi lol sorry

pss/ sorry thought i had started a new thread

Hi MacDawg37, welcome to the forum. :hello:

I moved your post to it's own thread. :)

:hello: Dawg!

Welcome to CWE!
Glad to have you here!
:banana:

Dawg is in the house!....

Welcome!....yeah, stress is a killer for most EVERYTHING, and E is no different.

Get em to chill out best you can....go from there!

You mentioned he had been skippin' meds?.....even if you hate the meds, skippin's a big 'no-no' unless it's really serious side effects you're contending with. Meds need to be 'weaned' off of slowly (unfortunately) if you decide to stop taking them!
:doctor:

Hello MacDawg! Welcome
My daughter began having seizures at the age of 14 also. She is almost 16 (17 more days... and counting). It is a constant push to get her to remember her meds also. I can not imagine dealing with this for the long term. Easy to forget, especially at that age.

I am glad that you found some alternatives to try.

Hmmmm im noticing 1 common trait amoung people with Epilepsy. Your all very cool..hehehe
:cheers:

Hmmmm im noticing 1 common trait amoung people with Epilepsy. Your all very cool..hehehe
:cheers:

Why, yes we are, as a matter of fact! Thank you for noticing!:hi5:

And Welcome.

The coolness comes form learning about our seizure disorders, dealing with it and then sharing what we have learned. No pity parties here, (well, at least concering epilepsy, some of us have other issues though....Hee-hee )

At any rate...you need to pound it into your son's head the importance of keep his blood levels even. It's the fluctuations that can bring on seizure activity. He needs to take his meds the same time EVERY day. Get him one of those pill organizers from the drug store. You can set out his meds for a week at a time and then see which ones are bein missed. These organizers are very effective in keeping track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom