No one can stop it...The Blog *gasp* *swoon*

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
:roflmao:

Yes, I am in high spirits today. No Tonic clonics since the 10th *and the crowd goes wild!!* Few auras here and there, and a few myclonics. I had a really long complex partial *about 9 minutes* in the movie theater friday night. We watched that new movie Avatar *spoiler alert!* and it has a part where the Jake Sully links with his avatar and they go through this swirling, flashing coloourful tube thing. thats what triggered it. Also gave me a major headache as everything is like black light glow style at "night" on the planet. So its hard to concerntrate when one light goes off and another flicks on. *spoiler ended*

I have started that gluten free diet this weekend, and I can honestly say, in the 2 and a half days, I already have more energy. Slept like a rock last night too. Melatonin and a non-upset tummy make Rae a happy dreamer. :)

Nothing else to report really. Got a call from my bridal shop saying my wedding dress is in, then found my daddy/daughter dance song. *dance with me daughter by john mcdermott*

Little stiff in the back, right between my shoulders. Too creeped out by chiropracters now to go back to one. they claim they can completely reverse all epilepsy. that it is 100% curable. You think that if that were true, then I wouldn't have Seizures, and nobody else would either, as we all would have went to the chiropracter for "miracle crack" *tee hee, joke*

well only 3 more days until it is officially 2 weeks with no tonic clonics. :woot:

and its super great, cuz this would be an awesome christmas present! 2 weeks no tonic clonics! there really is a Santa!

That's terrific Rae. All these good reports about the gluten-free diet makes me wonder if I should try it (even though my seizures are under control with meds). We'll be having a semi-gluten-free Christmas because my brother has a recently-diagnosed gluten allergy, so I'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I've got my fingers-crossed that you're t-c free for good!

I won't question what a semi-gluten-free Christmas is.

Wonderful news Rae.
Attitude matters too. You go girl!

Thanks robin! I couldn't have done the diet without your encouragement. It isn't honestly that hard to follow and it actually tastes better than what I normally cook. It tastes home made and comforting as opposed to greasy, heavy, salty crap.
You can taste exactly what you put in your mouth so the layers are pretty rounded

The curry stir fry we tried on Friday night and it was great.

Its actually really easy as I thought I was a picky eater. I like things spicy and flavorful. I thought this would be bland and boring and taste like "cardboard and wood chips"

Back
Top Bottom