panic attack

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
yesterday I had worse aura you can get I was on floor screaming and three neighbours heard me and came running in during the aura I had vague memory telling them I in crap marrage and sleep in different part of house I thought I was dead just awful now I feel mortified.they promis not tell husband but what you guess he met all three of them in shop asking how I was.Came home asked me why everyone world his wife asking how I was so told him he mortified cos my house like shit tip.One of people someone I had row with week before I told her piss off in that row yesterday and here she is holding my hand on floor.THINK be mortified for life can't face people.Got that sick feeling all noted up in stomack not sure if results of aura yrsterday or mortfiedation.Top it all the sz were little ticks lasting seconds so I am told/ANYONE ELSE HAD happened to them how you handle the coping with people who seen it and perfect stranger came in had to beg not get ambulrnce/IN MANY WYS WISH I HAD BIG sz and remained in status for a year cant be as bad as I feel now

You can tell your neighbors and your husband that the things you say while seizing are not what you really feel. The hostility comes from the part of the brain that's affected, not from your heart.

Don't blame yourself, don't feel guilty, just feel better, soon.

Hi seagull,

Your neighbors and husband need to understand that it's not your fault for what happens during a seizure and they all need to understand temporal lobe epilepsy better.
It's the right temporal lobe that shows the emotions as I'm sure you already know, but I've had seizures similar to yours yrs. ago when I used to hallucinate and nobody in my family every understood it.
Don't be so hard on yourself and carry on just like you would in every day life. Wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue

hallisnating that more like it/go beyond embrassing.a situation one human bein should never and hear another one have..gets worse there husband asked aswel..I think everyone in street heard me..i know I got gird meself up thank them for helping me even tho they not understand...in mean time I going walk long way round so not face them yet.i am the topic of street gossip,i can understand hope someone else takes my place subject of gossip,i mean I don't wish it on them just wish not me

i have right temporal lobe seizures. When my auras come i try to think of happy and beautiful things. I also hold anything reminding me of God. Anything that distracts my mind from thinking of the fear and pain.
it's embarrassing when people don't know me and that happens in front of them but often times they respond kindly, with empathy, and compassion. That has often been my experience. Hopefully they understand that you are not completely yourself when you have auras and seizures.

Back
Top Bottom