Pin and Needles

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.j.

New
Reaction score
I have an initial diagnosis of simple partial seizures (temporal lobe) not been back to neuro yet as got a sleep deprived eeg test soon then will see him.I have started to have mild pins and needles in my left hand sometimes my palm and other times just in my 2nd finger on the end.Is this the epilepsy changing.
Janet

I can't remember if you are taking Dilantin/phenytoin, but tingling in the fingers/toes can be a sign of Dilantin toxicity (ie. too much Dilantin in the blood stream). You could ask your doc for a blood test to check it.

It is also a side effect of Topamax, or it could be a aura of some kind. Sometimes I get funny feeling in my limbs with auras.

I use to get the pins and needles in my left side from mysoline and tegretol. I guess alot of meds give that side effect when things are aren't going well. Good luck on your tests.

Riva

I used to get numbness, pins and
needles effect from Keppra, Tegretol,
and Trileptal at high dosages on my
feet and legs and hands.

It could be very well a reaction to the
medication.

Pins and Needles

Hi Elisa and Bernard,
Thank you for your replies.As yet the doctor hasn't prescribed any drugs he wanted to see if I was having a cluster of seizures and get results from test before reviewing me.I only saw the neuro in July,the pins and needles in my hand has started since I saw him.
Janet

Well, then it must be .... nerves ... [ducks for cover]

Sorry, but if you aren't taking any AEDs, it is likely just stress or something else (diabetes?). I'm not aware of any seizure that manifests as tingling in the fingers.

Bernard,
Thanks for the info, I'm new to all this so its good to have your experience and knowledge to draw on.Once again thank you.
Janet

You could be experiencing CARPAL
TUNNELS SYNDROME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom