Poliomyelitis syndrom

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
I discover this week about polio syndrom.signs and symptom looks like fibermltis.Few doctors are aware of it.It comes on about 10or 20years after having polio.Most people think of twisted body but this not so many people proberly had bad cold symptoms when a child So infection go untreated.People have make sure the doc is aware of it...Most doc think fiibermal mylaltis just psychological in fact it not.Blood test can be done but it all conrolivesial

I know someone who contracted polio when he was 19 and in the army (this was in Italy during WW2). Much later in life he suffered from post-polio syndrome, with extreme weakness and wasting of his legs. He had to walk very slowly with two canes for much of his later years. But since he had had a known case of polio, the post-polio syndrome was easily diagnosed. It can be managed (usually with physical therapy) but not treated -- the weakness tends to progress.

that intresting nak...most doc here proberly be unaware even if you slap them with a kipper and likely to say up in your head..One has wonder how much suffering gone on over the years

My 1st husband's Aunt had polio as a child and in her elder years had the post-polio syndrome. Her polio had been in her leg and her ankle was weak and a bit turned her whole life. As she got older and had this syndrome she became unable to walk unassisted. This was 20 years+ ago and I never heard that she had trouble having it diagnosed.

The majority of doctors will never see polio as with meningitis and rickets alto rickets on the increase again.I have asked a few doctors about polio syndrome and they never heard of it.i suppose with vaccination it fortunately rare like diphtheria,and thanks to bill gates all those things are thing of the past but some people over 50 they in danger of it.I had friend who had polio it only affected her as bad cold they way back in 60s

Back
Top Bottom