Positive Attitude

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

chop456

New
Reaction score
My daughter leaves for an all-school leadership camp tomorrow and will be gone for 2 nights and 3 days. I am so nervous! The girls are all sleeping in the "mess hall" and I am envisioning Paige going to bed late and waking up early. I know how badly she needs her sleep. I have all of her bases covered - medicines are ready to go, teachers are aware of her sleeping needs, Paige has emergency meds on her at all times and will have her phone with her at all times. But Paige can tell how nervous I am because she is still having some morning myoclonics.

This morning she tells me "mom - I just get up every morning, take my medicine and move forward. I do not think about having a seizure or epilepsy". What an eye-opener for me! I am "just" the mother but seem to not go one day without thinking and wondering about all of this. I have a ways to go but need to take the lead from my wonderfully level-headed and positive thinking daughter! I just love that girl!

Please keep your fingers crossed that she has an uneventful leadership camp!

I chose a long time ago to not let epilepsy win. I try to live my life as normally as possible. I think it's the only way or you'd go crazy. Clearly your daughter has chosen the same path. Let her :) I hope she has an uneventful stay too because it will help build her confidence :)

chop456

Of course you would be nervous. I think she has the right out look, you have to live life, you cannot let epilepsy rule. She does not know and you do not know what will happen. Your little girl may not not be as little as think and deserves a pat on the back for her attitude. Hopefully this will take some of the worry off you now. Fair play to her. I hope she has a good time.

I think that it is wonderful that she is becoming an independent little lady!
As a mother you will never stop worrying. I think that is our job. We want our children safe at all times.
The fact that she doesn't worry about it and is just living her life means that you have given her the freedom to be herself and be confident. Pat on the back to her for sure and to you as well!

Chop -
That's great that your daughter has such a positive attitude :). I hope she has a realy good time at the camp

Hope she's having a really terrific time -- and that you are able to relax a teeny bit. A good experience for you both.

Here's to a fantastic adventure! I hope all goes well for her, I also hope she is around understanding folk.

Well, no phone calls this morning or any other time today so things must be going well. Thank goodness. And boy, do I miss her! But happy I am able to spend some quality time with her younger brother - he has been very understanding through all of this!

Yipee! She is home from camp and she had NO episodes! I am so thankful!

Brilliant, that's great news. I'd say the relief is amazing!

More importantly, did she have a good time? (Remember, the epilepsy/ seizures are just a side show)

I'm so glad your daughter made it home safely AND that she had a great time. Sounds like she's got a wonderful attitude. That can be so helpful in living a good life. I've tried to keep a positive attitude for 60 yrs. and have a great time of it with the normal ups and downs.You've got a brave girl. Continued good luck!

Back
Top Bottom