[News] Prolonged exposure to Negativity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

They have been saying for years that too much stress/ cortisol/ adrenaline is bad for the body.

They have been saying for years that too much stress/ cortisol/ adrenaline is bad for the body.

I know, but my point of posting this article was that too much stress can also DAMAGE the HIPPOCAMPUS, leading to seizures.....

Negativity brings stress, stress brings headaches, headaches bring seizures, etc..

It doesn't surprise me that the Immune System is also damaged.

Our bodies are really one giant (human) machine connected with many parts. If one part is damaged, the rest of our (human) machine doesn't operate correctly.

Hi Cint,

Thanks for posting this article I know that after my parents split up and divorced after 41 yrs. of marriage the negative effects triggered more seizures for me and now I have more brain damage. My neuro has told me to cut it off with my family because all the stress just leads me to more seizures. I started out just having scar tissue on the right temporal lobe and now I have bi lateral lesions on the right and left temporal lobe along with damage across the frontal lobe thanks to my parents and being dragged into a divorce by my mom's lawyer. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

Thank you for this post. I have always thought my seizures started at a point in my life when i had a very bad stresser. my wife died suddenly from a seizure and It really
was traumatic for me. and so i have seizures now and other health issues.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom