Rain, rain, go away!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

lindy

Vitamin Guru
Reaction score
It has rained constantly for almost five days now. Not only does it do nothing but rain but it's alot chillier than it should be for the end of May - high in the low 50s. I'm bored - the dogs are bored - the horse is bored too. There is so much mud that it makes the $35 rubber boots that I bought from LL Bean a month ago look like the best purchase I ever made. Everything in the garden seems to be holding up, although the tomato plants look like they could do with a little sun. The currant bushes seem the happiest they've ever been though so, maybe, I'll get enough currants off of them this year to make jelly (takes 10 pints for one batch but homemade currant jelly makes the finest cornish hen glaze in this world). In case anyone is interested, I have a site where I post pictures of what's going on here lately (mainly to show my mother). It's at http://groups.msn.com/picturesformyfamilyandfriends and the pictures at the moment were taken by my husband right before a friend of mine and I went on a trail ride for the afternoon last Saturday.

Please bottle up as much as you can and ship it down our way. My tomato plants will be very greatful! :lol:

I would gladly trade you some rain for a little sun. It's not raining this morning but it's very overcast and there's a chance of thunderstorms this afternoon. My eggplants all died. Just too chilly and rainy for them so I'll have to go to my favorite farmstand today and buy some more. I'd start some more from seed but the growing season is just too short here to start a new batch of eggplants now.

Sorry to hear about your eggplant. We got some rain last night! Thanks, now I know where to go when we need some more. :lol:

My cucumber vines are loving it right now.

Back
Top Bottom