Scared and Frustrated

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwilli

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Here's my story - I need advise. At age 18 (1980) was dx with hypoglycemia, due to my "spells" - shaking, spacey eyes, tremors etc. In 1991 I had my 1st grand mal seizure. Awoke in ambulance, hospital gave me glucose and sent me home. In 2002 had my 2nd grand mal. This time the Drs ran complete tests - EEG's, MRI, heart tests, diabetes testing - handed me the dx of epilepsy. For 6 mos I tried Keppra, Tegretol, Lamictal and Trileptal - they all made me so sick!!! At my insistance - I went to Mayo Clinic in Minnesota for 1 week 24 X 7 complete monitor. Their dx - not sure but recc. not taking meds. So - have always contended with my "spells" and have always had ample notice of bad ones ---- until Aug 2007 - my 3rd grand mal. This one was different. No notice and I was so terribly nauseous for hours afterward. For days later felt odd in my head. My Dr. was out due to terrible family matter so I waited for her return. I go tomorrow morning for a sleep deprived EEG and probably trying medication again. Topamax has been mentioned to try this time. I am so scared and extremely frustrated. I'm 45 and falling apart & no longer trust my body. I'm constantly gauging - How do I feel?? Any words of wisdom or prayers are appreciated.

P.S. I'm not a real wizard on the computer or any kind of forum so bear with me.

Last edited:
Hi kwilli, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Stacy has always been borderline hypoglycemic. She really has to watch her diet to maintain seizure control with a minimum dose of drugs.

It's better that you get the seizure situation addressed now than later. Seizure patterns can worsen if left uncontrolled.

You've done great so far registering and making your first post. :brock:

Hi Kwilli

I'm glad to 'meet' you - I wish it were at a happier place :)
I was 46 when all the epilepsy stuff started for me.

Sorry, I can't offer one single word of wisdom but I have added you to my prayer list.

Kwilli

:hello:

Those who have "E" can understand and
relate being frightened / scared. But hang
in there! Thoughts and prayers will abide
and we're glad you've stopped by! Don't
worry about not knowing about computers
you're doing just fine!

But I can give you some hugs ...

hugs.gif

Hi Kiwilli : Welcome to the board !!!!!

Nice meeting you !!!! Hoping you stay sz free !!!!!!!

Riva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom