scream

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nicola

New
Reaction score
Ive often wondered if being an epileptic makes me feel like another person.

We all have our stories and i think ive found a place where i can really express how i feel about my world.

The world of popping lamotrigine every day, i have thought about actually not waking up after having a seizure..

I know that i constantly think...over think. Before epilepsy i took things on , faced things and moved on.. but now i over analyze things...it drives me nuts sometimes.

I found that screaming out loud...or singing what ever the mood takes actually helps...looking at the funny side of things again. I think Im going to take up yoga. Its time to kick the E to kerb and not let it take over...

So when the mood takes you....SCREAM and let it all out!!!!!:pop:

Please don't refer to yourself as epileptic. you are a person who has epilepsy or sz you are Nicola walking down the road not the epileptic you let it define you if you say that and e is a part of you but how much depends on you..
Good old scream rant and rave is good I would like to kick Arse one specific Arse truth be told but foot won't reach behind me.

Nicola,

Would you think differently of yourself if you had grown up with epilepsy?

I grew up having seizures it's been all my life basically,I've taken around 23 different drugs.I have also had brain surgery that didn't stop my seizures and I've had a VNS.

You let E take over when you just give up and I'm refractory/intractable and I'm allergic to 5 epilepsy drugs and I'm med resistant to a bunch of drugs.

If you are referring to depersonalization, it could be a side effect of your medication.

Nicola,

Would you think differently of yourself if you had grown up with epilepsy?

I grew up having seizures it's been all my life basically,I've taken around 23 different drugs.I have also had brain surgery that didn't stop my seizures and I've had a VNS.

You let E take over when you just give up and I'm refractory/intractable and I'm allergic to 5 epilepsy drugs and I'm med resistant to a bunch of drugs.

Which meds you allergic to..I found all the first generation meds hard to deal with

Which meds you allergic to..I found all the first generation meds hard to deal with
I'm allergic to Keppra,Lamictal,Vimpat,Gabitril 4 not five and I'm med resistant I can only take original tegretol in the tegretol family the rest sest my sz's though the roof.

How did lamical allergy manifest,I been on it for years high dose and I not sure if something wrong.i know it can be bad for under 12.since moved the hospital has no nurologist and I want try cut it down but not sure how I am high dry with my e at present

With Lamictal not everyone get's the rash that's allergic to I was scratching myself raw. Everyone reacts differently I wasn't on it very long at all.

Nicola,
I think your using epilepsy as an excuse to be honest,I could do that but I don't do that so I don't drive and I find other ways to get around.E has been my life so what and I have taught ppl about epilepsy and it has made me stronger person.

You can still move on and be productive, having seizures again after having them controlled made me feel like I am returning to a phase of my life that was behind me but you can't legit define you. I have also found this is a great place to express yourself. Keep your chin up.

If you are referring to depersonalization, it could be a side effect of your medication.
I'm not referring to depersonalion. so it's not the meds and I don't blame everything on my meds that's the easy way out.

Last edited:
Hi all

Its interesting on how we all feel on our condition.

I dont think i use it as an excuse tho and it has made a massive impact on my life.
I had my first seizure just after my son was born..seven years ago now and when i fell pregnant with my daughter i was always worried about having seizures while carrying her. Just out of the blue i become an epileptic and im still trying to work out why! It doesnt define me because the only people that know im an epileptic are my family close friends and the people that employ me and even with them i dont talk about it very often....xxxx

Hi all

Its interesting on how we all feel on our condition.

I dont think i use it as an excuse tho and it has made a massive impact on my life.
I had my first seizure just after my son was born..seven years ago now and when i fell pregnant with my daughter i was always worried about having seizures while carrying her. Just out of the blue i become an epileptic and im still trying to work out why! It doesnt define me because the only people that know im an epileptic are my family close friends and the people that employ me and even with them i don't talk about it very often....xxxx
nicola,a true friend will except your epilepsy and this is a time when you will find out who your true friends are. It's been all my life so I found out early on if someone was my friend or not.I've never been controlled;I' was diagnosed when I was two.

Back
Top Bottom