SEEG anyone? I will have answers soon! =)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
No, that's not an internet acronym for something dirty....yet. You never know.

Anyway, it's an inter-cranial EEG. Instead of the mesh at the surface of the brain tissue beneath your skull, they put acupuncture sized needles deep inside the brain at the usual spots or at your focus spots if you have them.

On 02JUL2019, I'm going in for this procedure.

Anxiety waves come and go. The thing that keeps the optimism up is that from SEEG procedures, they can map out with 100% accuracy a place where they are coming from and form surgical options.
Right now on the table is a Right Amygdalohippocampectomy. That's a big word with a lot of attachments. They remove my right side memory center and part of the spacial balance mechanisms. So there is a lot to process there.

Luckily both left and right hippocampi are working great, so I've got that going. However, I'm left handed, so the docs said, I may have to learn how to write again. No probs. I've always wanted to perfect that. =)
Using keyboards most of my life has been one contributing factor to why my handwriting sucks.

So, if you are planning surgery or talking about SEEG and want to know more. Please contact me and I can fill you in on the details. I'm going to be in the EMU for about a week...or more if I don't put out on the seizures. It's the one time you WANT to have them. =)

Good luck to everyone and hope you are all doing well.

Good Luck CBB! I hope you have just enough seizures to provide the necessary info. :)
Keep us posted from the EMU.

Back
Top Bottom