Suspended license & eclairs

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LJ-Bain

New
Reaction score
Tonight my seizures cost us money! Plus our own disorganized life.

A cop pulled my husband over on the way to the grocery store and asked him if he knew why he was pulled over. My husband replied "Yes, because my stickers (tags) have expired" and the cop said it was because he ran our plates and noticed that the driver has a suspended license. He explained that no, it was me who couldn't drive and the cop also discovered that our insurance papers weren't up to date although our insurance is.

It will cost us $185 to get things up to date. I guess it needed to be done.

My husband wanted to make things better by buying a dessert to have with tea.
But he bought eclairs, which he forgot that I don't like (they're like hot dog buns with whipped cream and chocolate) and coconut flavoured cookies and I hate coconut flavouring.
Plus the kids had opened all of my favourite tea bags and dumped them in the toilet which I forgot.

This would all be infuriating if it wasn't so darn funny! You gotta laugh sometimes.

That sucks :(

But, you're right. Sometimes you just have to laugh :) Life is too short to let stuff get you down.
They say bad luck only happens in 3s so you should be right for a while..

I totally believe that bad things happen in 3s too! So hopefully I have a clean slate now.
Plus I can't be mad at my sweet hubbie for trying to get dessert...too thoughtful.

I'm sorry to hear that about your hubby and the car. Everyone wants our money.

It seems to me that your children we reenacting the Boston Tea Party. Were they chanting "No taxation without representation". Nobody is going to repress your children LJ :)

I don't see the problem with the teabags in the toilet. Just add ice and lemons, and get a ladle for the punchbowl... :)

I actually read that one easy way to add a nice scent to a bathroom is to tie some of your favorite flavored teabags around the door handle as a sort of sachet.

I feel the same way about eclairs. But your hubby's thoughtfulness wins points even if his selections don't.

Frusterated Husband: SAY NO TO COCONUTS! Don't let me hold you back if you have a craving though!

P-Funk: Actually, we have been practicing the Boston Tea Party re-enactment for months! The original chant was too difficult though. We ended up going with "hey hey ho ho, the tea has got to go"

Nakamova: I'll have to remember that iced tea recipe the next time I entertain! I think the bathroom is far too underrated a room for food preparation and serving.

My youngest son is fond of "science experiments". He used to mix lotions, soaps, shampoos and whatever liquids he could find into "potions" in his bathroom sink. He made some hilacious messes.

Toilet water tea doesn't sound that bad in comparison.

Bernard: Whenever I hear the phrase "science experiments" as a mother I immediately visualize a colossal mess! I can only imagine what those experiments smelled like! I think I just shuddered a little bit there.
Added bonus-I looked up your adjective for messes in the urban dictionary and it means "something so wickedly awesome that you can't think of any other word to say". I'm going to start working it into my daily conversations!

We ended up going with "hey hey, ho ho, the tea has got to go".
:roflmao:

My youngest son is fond of "science experiments". He used to mix lotions, soaps, shampoos and whatever liquids he could find into "potions" in his bathroom sink.

When I was a young my friends and I would take everything from the pantry and throw it into a pot on the stove. We also called them potions and boy did they stink!

Back
Top Bottom