Symptoms

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this forum. Several years ago I got an unofficial diagnosis of simple partial seizures. My symptoms are weird and seem to be different than most I read about people with SPS. Mine sometimes start off with a wave of dizziness in my head and then the right side of my body will start to shake. It's either my wrist or my leg but always on the right side. Usually before they start I get a feeling of dread and my heart will beat fast. Sometimes my body feels weighted down on one side which causes me to panic a little probably causing my heart to beat fast. Now that they are controlled with medication my symptoms aren't as bad as when it first started. Without medication I would shake for a good couple of minutes and I would pace around erratically. I even get irritable at times when I am not having an 'episode' and I wonder if that is related to SPS or not. Anyone out there have any similar symptoms?

Hey Lunafairy87, welcome to CWE!

I only experience tonic-clonics so my symptom history is different from yours. But I know plenty of CWE members that have partials have described symptoms that sound similar -- particularly the feeling of dread, increased heart rate, and shaking.

Though some mood issues can be related to epilepsy, irritability when you're not having a seizure is more likely to be a medication side effect.

A few years ago my family had a HUGE fight and my whole body started shaking. I looked like I was having a grand mal seizure but I wasn't. I shook for a few weeks but as the stress started going away and my family quit fighting the shaking wasn't as bad and seemed to only happen on the right side of my body. It took about a month for the shaking to completely stop.

Now at times when I get nervous, stressed out or mad I might shake a little. It's not a very strong shake and it's usually only my right arm and/or hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom