the comic that ain't funny

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

renee97

New
Reaction score
One of the first things I do in the morning, after breakfast, is to read the comics from the safety of my computer. "Safety" is the key word.
Is anyone familiar with, or do you see the comic "Cornered" by Mike Baldwin? If you can't find it in your local paper I can give you at least one, maybe two other places you can find it......if you want to read a comic that I don't find funny at all.
It hits me in all the wrong places. And I will leave it right there. See for yourself.
R97

http://www.gocomics.com/cornered/

co080218.gif

You will find something rewarding. Take it as motivation. :twocents:

Yes, but will it be as (mentally and emotionally) rewarding as sitting here composing music and writing fiction? Probably not, but it will pay the bills.

There is something that is funny about this comic though. I have been "looking for work" since I moved to Minnesota in 1999! And five years ago (actually late 2002) I had what I was told was a very good lead on a job at the University of Minnesota. Only one problem: it was a very bad lead because I did not know I would be working ---at a campus Starbuck's. I don't even like the smell of coffee and I don't drink it and never have!!! The job lasted all of about five weeks. So five years later, epilepsy, and all that and "Where did you think you would be in five years? Still looking for work?"
I CAN laugh at myself.

Good for you LR. Now here's a little something else for you to laugh at.

Mc Donalds Job Application
This is an actual job application a 17 year old boy submitted at a McDonald's fast-food establishment in Florida...and they hired him because he was so honest and funny!

NAME: Greg Bulmash
SEX: Not yet. Still waiting for the right person.
DESIRED POSITION: Company's President or ice President. But seriously, whatever's available. If I was in a position to be picky, I wouldn't be applying here in the first place.
DESIRED SALARY: $185,000 a year plus stock options and a Michael Ovitz style severance package. If that's not possible, make an offer and we can haggle.
EDUCATION: Yes.
LAST POSITION HELD: Target for middle management hostility.
SALARY: Less than I'm worth.
MOST NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENT: My incredible collection of stolen pens and post-it notes.
REASON FOR LEAVING: It s#cked.
HOURS AVAILABLE TO WORK: Any.
PREFERRED HOURS: 1:30-3:30 p.m., Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday.
DO YOU HAVE ANY SPECIAL SKILLS?: Yes, but they're better suited to a more intimate environment.
MAY WE CONTACT YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYER?: If I had one, would I be here?
DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL CONDITIONS THAT WOULD PROHIBIT YOU FROM
LIFTING UP TO 50 LBS?:
Of what?
DO YOU HAVE A CAR?: I think the more appropriate question here would be "Do you have a car that runs?"
HAVE YOU RECEIVED ANY SPECIAL AWARDS OR RECOGNITION?: I may already be a winner of the Publishers Clearing house Sweepstakes.
DO YOU SMOKE?: On the job no, on my breaks yes.
WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE DOING IN FIVE YEARS?: Living in the Bahamas with a
fabulously wealthy dumb sexy blonde super model who thinks I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I'd like to be doing that now.
DO YOU CERTIFY THAT THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND COMPLETE TO THE BEST OF
YOUR KNOWLEDGE?:
Yes. Absolutely.

I just wonder where this kid is today.

Good for you LR. Now here's a little something else for you to laugh at.

I just wonder where this kid is today.

I wonder if its that dude that owns Virgin Airlines etc?:ponder:

Back
Top Bottom