[Neutral] The Idiot

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DayDreamer

Stalwart
Reaction score
Here is a link to Dostoyevsky's The Idiot. It is a 2003 Russian miniseries with subtitiles available if needed. I'm just starting to watch it. It would be fun to have a date for the cinema.

He is so often mentioned while reading of epilepsy. He was actually aware of this condition, unlike so many other famous people of the past who had.....

Ohh, cool! I'll have to check it out. I read Crime and Punishment and really loved it, so I tried reading The Idiot, but I ended up feeling like an idiot myself :p I kept looking back in the book to see if I had skipped a page because sometimes the characters behaved in such odd, unexplainable ways. But I would love to watch this and try again. :) But it depends on the co-operation of my computer which likes to misbehave when I'm watching videos. :(

I enjoyed this period film enough, especially with the help of wikipedia's synopsis, as subtitiled movies can be difficult whether you need the words or action.

It was fun to watch a movie with the main character having epilepsy. There are parts of this character I could relate to even with so many differences of time/culture/.....

Only two times were seizures shown/heard

Thanks for the link. I haven't read The Idiot yet, but I've just finished The Brothers Karamazov which is an amazing book - although the portrayal of the character with epilepsy is much less sympathetic (to say the least).

I was wondering why you only gave it a neutral and then I realised it is a film and not the book.
Sadly, it won't play. Thankfully the book always will. :)

Back
Top Bottom