The raisin bran incident...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LJ-Bain

New
Reaction score
I had a simple partial in the kitchen today and I was recovering on the floor and my 2 yr old decided she was hungry, opened the cupboard, grabbed the raisin bran and poured it all over the floor!
Then my 1 yr old thought that it was hilarious and crawled over and joined in the fun!
Then my dog thought WOW! Humans eat off the floor now? And he joined in too!
I could hear this all happening but I couldn't move yet but afterwards I thought...well I needed an excuse to mop the floor anyways!

It's amazing the change in my standards! Everyone was safe so all I could do was laugh! I had a little talk with my 2yr old about it later saying that maybe eating off the floor isn't the best thing to do and I did manage to say it with a straight face!

Good for you for being able to laugh about it! I'm glad you and your crew were safe, and that it was no big deal.

WELLLL you didn't have a boring morning.

You have such a good attitude.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! That's awesome! I love that your little ones are resourceful enough to just solve problems like that. If they can do that, you don't have anything to worry about. :clap:

Jay

I had a simple partial in the kitchen today and I was recovering on the floor and my 2 yr old decided she was hungry, opened the cupboard, grabbed the raisin bran and poured it all over the floor!
Then my 1 yr old thought that it was hilarious and crawled over and joined in the fun!
Then my dog thought WOW! Humans eat off the floor now? And he joined in too!
I could hear this all happening but I couldn't move yet but afterwards I thought...well I needed an excuse to mop the floor anyways!

It's amazing the change in my standards! Everyone was safe so all I could do was laugh! I had a little talk with my 2yr old about it later saying that maybe eating off the floor isn't the best thing to do and I did manage to say it with a straight face!

LJ.. What a totally great attitude. I can just see your little ones.. You and your kiddos have definitely demonstrated a "go with the flow" attitude.

Million dollar question; did you put the raisin brand back in the box?

Bravo to you!!!! Way to keep pushing forward!!

Truthfully? Naw. I gave the raisin bran the proper burial it deserved in the compost! There was hardly any left! I guess they were really hungry. My kids are troopers!

You kids are little troopers for battling the dog for breakfast :). I'm sure it was a gripping power struggle for the remaining cereal. Lucky for you, everyone got fed and you saved money on milk; but it's going to be a let down for the dog when everyone starts eating off the table again.

I also love the title of this thread. There may be a movie in here somewhere....

Last edited:
P-Funk...you make me laugh. It's true! I did save money on milk! Another bonus I didn't think of!
I'd like to hear what the soundtrack would be to the movie.

Soundtrack - Liquid Tension Experiment: Acid Rain cuts in just as the pour begins.

Jay

I you tubed it! Very dramatic and yet upbeat...awesome! Cereal never knew it could be so exciting.

Well it does have two scoops of raisins. That’s pretty exciting to me.

Back
Top Bottom