[Info] Think you're crazy? Think again.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

very interesting. Viral infections can do some odd things to the brain.

I agree. Sad really. What I took more than anything from the article tho was:

"One type of epilepsy – frontal lobe epilepsy – is notorious for causing strange behaviors that frequently go misdiagnosed as psychiatric disease."

I have TLE so can't relate, but there are plenty of members who join for this exact reason. The title of the article says it all really. Would be so frustrating.

Thank you for putting up this link. I have been having seizures for 7 years now and it was not till 6 months ago that it was finally diagnosed. I was beginning to think I was going crazy since my doctors told me it was in my head. I think that people need to know that even if there not diagnosed or test come back "inconclusive' that doesn't mean nothings there. Keep pushing and advocating for yourself until someone listens.

Thks for sharing the link I plan on discussing this with my e dr. will prolly fall on deaf ears worth a try.

Thank you for putting up this link. I have been having seizures for 7 years now and it was not till 6 months ago that it was finally diagnosed. I was beginning to think I was going crazy since my doctors told me it was in my head. I think that people need to know that even if there not diagnosed or test come back "inconclusive' that doesn't mean nothings there. Keep pushing and advocating for yourself until someone listens.

I am glad you finally got a diagnosis! That is a long time to be untreated for the correct thing. I guess what they say is true, always advocate your own health. Fight tooth and nail until you are back in the saddle.

Great link! It is really frustrating not knowing what is going on... I figured it out on my own after several partial seizures, though I didn't seek treatment for it because I knew they probably wouldn't believe me. Plus being in the military... I actually had the head doctor prior to commissioning ask me if I even wanted to commission into the Army because he thought I was making stuff up (the seizure issue, issues with breathing - which my psychiatrist now thinks was anxiety related, though I was diagnosed with "vocal chord dysfunction"). Prior to diagnosis and prior to having several similar experiences that cued me into the fact there was a real problem, I had no idea that I was having a partial seizure when I went into the doctor's office freaking out because I thought I was going to have another "real seizure" (T/C.. I'd had one before, but didn't get diagnosed). They sent me to the ER room where they were going to run drug tests on me and then just told me I need to sleep...

Back
Top Bottom