Thinking of Canada

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

seagull

Veteran
Reaction score
just thought send our thoughts out to people in Canada who suffering this awful fire
I know we have members who Canadian I hope they ok

Thanks, seagull. The fire is in the province next to mine so I am not directly affected by it. I know the Canadian Red Cross is accepting donations to help those who have been evacuated (for basic needs at the various shelters such as food, water, blankets, cots, etc.). If someone specifies they are making a donation for victims of the Fort McMurray fire, the Canadian Federal government will match those donations. Cooler weather with even some light rain has been in the forecast for today, and it has slowed the spread of the now 156,000 hectare fire. Apparently in some areas fire fighting efforts will continue for months!

Can you smell the fire from where you are
Many these people lost everything,time will heal things will grow again but they lost homes.Many horrors in this world mostly brought on by ourselves but this is nature maybe Mother Earth telling us all stop doing what we are doing to each other bc nature can do more for

Hi Folks,
I've got friends up in Canada and I'm tuning in on the ham radio. I may be going up to help out in communications along with helping families out. My prayers are with everyone in Canada. May God Bless All of You!

Sue

Keep us informed porky..I believe they getting a handle on it now.read awful thing poor people trying get away running into animals doing the same I gather it was carnage

Hi seagull,

If I hear anything I will let you know. Have a great day and week.
God Bless You!

Sue

Hi seagull,

I haven't heard a word on the radio I have a feeling that a lot of radio antennas are down not to mention wiring for phones and this is cutting off communications. I will keep you posted if I hear anything. Wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue

just thought send our thoughts out to people in Canada who suffering this awful fire
I know we have members who Canadian I hope they ok

Great post. I live close to Canada, (New Hampshire), and I love Canada.

Wishing everyone up there my best.

Could not agree more with you seagull, I wish and hope everybody involved is safe.

Hi Folks,
I just got an update today May 13th 80.000 residents have been moved from Fort McMurray up north and over 25, 000 homes were destroyed along with neighborhoods. This is going to take awhile to get communications up and running again. I found all of this out on the ARRL page on line today check it out if you are interested.

May God Bless You,

Sue

Back
Top Bottom