[Info] Tips for traveling with epilepsy (article)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

http://www.henryfordlivewell.com/10...dium=post&utm_content=travelepilepsy&utm_term

" (#9 that says if you have uncontrolled seizures maybe think of another mode of travel...like driving???) But it's worth a look.

:ponder: I had uncontrolled seizures during the 90's, but did plenty of travel with my two kids. I used to work in the airlines before I had E and was married to an airline pilot. He flew all over the world-- a 727 and an A300. We moved 1200 miles from family, so flew home many times. Only 1 time during all my travels did I have a CP seizure in flight. No big deal. Usually, if I would have a seizure it was the day I got to my destination or when I went home.

Attachments

• fedex-airbus-A300-600F.jpg
    fedex-airbus-A300-600F.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm glad you didn't have problems flying. :)

I've made two round-trip flights since developing E. I used to love to fly! ( my dad used to work for an airline, too, so I only knew how to fly stand-by. Actually having a ticket was new to me :D)But I admit I was a bit nervous. Fortunately, I had no problems either. :)

Cool picture by the way! I've always loved airplanes and will still stop what I'm doing and watch them fly over.

Back
Top Bottom