to ALL CWE members, what's your #1?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Thanks qtowngirl! great idea! I am so grateful for this site and right now my #1 is my love (Mardi) she is really amazing and knows all about me.

Of all the plusses and minuses (and this year has had too many minuses with seizures), the highest part of my year was the time I was able to spend with my granddaughter (6 years old), who alas, lives in Vancouver with me here in Saskatchewan. It was a great, great time, and seeing how she enjoyed her time with me, that for sure takes top of my list! :cheers:

2013 suuuuuuuuuuucked! I was diagnosed at the end of 2012 and spent most of 2013 trying to figure out how to live life again. lol
My #1 is my mom....the one person in the world who picks me up when I fall, laughs at me when I'm acting ridiculous, keeps me focused on the positive side of life, and accepts all of my failures as life-lessons. She takes me to all of my doctor visits, researches meds to keep herself aware, and calls everyday to say "how are things?"
2014 is sure to be a better year! And I absolutely could never have gotten through 2013 without this e-family to call my own. :)

Picking up the pieces

What a beautiful tribute to your mom.
As a mom myself, with 2 lovely adult children, I know how painful it is for them when I am not feeling great.
You are lucky to have her and I am sure she knows!
Hope 2014 is less "E"ventful.

:cheers:

My #1 is not letting epilepsy take control, but learning how take control while having epilepsy.

I had to quit school in March and I am going back in January. I love the fact I did not let having epilepsy make me feel I had to put moving forward in life on hold for years to come. I spent the time home learning what foods were my triggers for my seizures, whats the best vitamin for me, and did not let fear and depression win.

janus- you're welcome, anytime my friend :)

brandi- that is SO cool about your mom, so special, hugs from natasha to her this christmas k!!

deeds- "Hope 2014 is less "E"ventful."... good one! i'll be using that come new years eve!!

juju- "I did not let having epilepsy make me feel I had to put moving forward in life on hold for years to come." ... AWESOME frame of mind, i'll remember that... nice :hugs:

I met Donna in May of 2012 right when I started overdosing on my Dilantin. At the time I didn't realize why I was totally losing it but I just blurted out all my anxieties to her accepting that she would run away in horror but that at least I would have gotten to vent which is what I needed at the time. To my amazement she not only stayed, she understood, she came back for more, we became friends.

2013 was a crazy year with enormous stress. Donna has always been there "to hold my hand" when I feel I'm slipping away. And the amazing thing is that she tells me that I do the same for her.

The best part of 2013 was coming to the realization that we are truly dear friends. Knowing I have a friend who will "hold my hand" when life gets crazy makes it easy to deal with all that life throws at me!

To all my friends - Thank You for being there when I need you! :hugs:

My #1 has to be me first grandchild. My grand daughter born this year September 25th. This has been a REALLY rough year and she kept me going and has got me thru the year. She is so precious and I love her so!!!

My daughter (22) and son(20) have been life savers for me the last 2 years especially (2012-13). I have had one magor medical illness after another. They have been by my side all my way, physically, emotionally, spiritually.... I couldn't ask for more. I so want to be able to make 2014 a great year for them!

i have a 2nd #1... hey after brain surgery i have more than 1 number #1's!!

three people have got me through recovering from brain surgery- my mel on here (2ndchances), my best (and oldest and wisest) friend annie, and my aunt cathy (recently joined the site as catrinkablue and is the best EVER - been a bff since i was eight).

you guys she recently went and had her nails done - for us! her email: "This color is for you & everyone with e!!! xxoo."

2wd0kt3.jpg

Hi There Maya I just saw that you were only diagnosed in 2012? How are you coping hun, is everything ok, what sort of epilepsy do you have, and it is so good to see that you appreciate all that your mum does for you, as I lost my mum, my best friend, my life long support, and the holder of the keys to my memory bank in 2007, and oh boy, I ,iss her every day. So it's great to see that you get along well and that she helps and understands you. How are you coping with your epilepsy, tell me a bit about what triggered it, is there any way that you can be a candidate for surgery like I was twice over? I was diagnosed in 1986, and it sure has played around with my life, but I really do try and turn it into a positive, what choice do we have? Also, I am glad that you get a lot from CWE, it's a great site isn't it, and although I'm not on it as much as I was, I still drop by at least half a dozen times a week, just to see what's going on. It's be great to hear back from you hun, and I hope that all is well with you right now. I have been down to Lomdon this week to see my neuro, and have just been put onto a brand new drug called Perampanel, I had never heard of it before, so I am taking that along with Keppra, Zonisamide, Oxcarbazepine, and Clobazam for my cluster seizures, which are all I seem to have now, every few weels. I hope you are coping ok with your diagnosis hun, I just wanted to say hi, and I hope you get a lot of support from CWE, I sure have over the last few years. Best Regards Elaine X

Back
Top Bottom