Transhumanism or H+

Would you be in favor or replacing a brain similar to artificial body parts?

• Yes, transhumanism or H+ sounds like something for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. I'm skeptical of transhumanism or H+.

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • Maybe. Depends on the progress they make in my lifetime.

Votes: 6 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

alivenwell

Veteran
Reaction score
Transhumanism is a concept that we replace worn or damaged body parts by technology.
Would you want a new brain and body that removes epilepsy if somebody could replace an exact replica?

It does seem to be a moral issue. Wealthy people may 'buy' more memory than those who have lesser means. And, if my neighbor is celebrating his/her 1000th birthday with a new set of bioequivalent parts, doesn't that seem a little far fetched?

Yet, we seem to have a lot of science fiction concepts coming into our daily lives now. I'd opt for the self driving car first.

It does seem to be a moral issue. Wealthy people may 'buy' more memory than those who have lesser means. And, if my neighbor is celebrating his/her 1000th birthday with a new set of bioequivalent parts, doesn't that seem a little far fetched?
:agree: Dream on!

I'm not familiar with this at all, but I'm thinking you mean put in a new brain with some technological gadget that looks and acts like one?
Well the concept is nice, I want to throw things every time it hits me again that my brain is actually damaged, however just like anything techno, wouldn't it be doomed to malfunction at some point anyway? Usually within a week of warranty expiring - then what the F do you do? Hope? So right back where you started...

Some engineering has simulated the most basic portions of the brain. They have mapped electronic functions as well.
The biggest concern I'd have is whether that 'new' brain has the same environmental or psychological condition as the original one.

Not for me but maybe for my son who is 14. He would probably go for it some day.I'm already losing my memory, maybe my son will put me in the hostpital and say "fix this lady! I need a hug."I don't know man, it's a bionic world.

if it were a nano biological prosthetic brain capable of all the same things my existing brain is capable of and more and ALSO if it's assembly were based on my own unique genetic code making it specific to me AND if it could be gradually integrated into my body as opposed to some complete single stage replacement so that i could be assured that any consciousness which might exist would have time to adapt to the new medium.....perhaps.

but if the thing is going to have popup advertisements hard-coded into it...FORGET IT.

if have something that give me my memory back stop headaches then maybe nandode help

Back
Top Bottom