uh hi

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I'm justin I been dealing epilepsy for 5 years until I had surgery I thought I closed this chapter in my book of life until a week ago I colapsed at work. I'm not sure if I had a seizure cuz details are sketchy from co-workers. I remember going to the ground and waking up a few mins later. see the wierd thing is that the aura I had was so much different then the pre surgery ones where I had maybe 30 sec to react if that. I could feel this one and it was a different feeling usually I would feel a deep sinking in my stomach, but this time I felt as if my legs were falling asleep then the feeling moved upward until I finally decided that I should sit down and let it take its course. my doctor and I were trying to take me off 1 of my meds and I was just at the point where I stopped the keppra a day or 2 before this went down. the feeling was so much different that I tried to set up an emergency appt with my doc but I'll I could was see a N.P. at their clinic. so with the different feeling does anybody think that it might have been me just fainting due to lack of sleep?

Hi Justin,
Must be frustrating to have all this happen at the same time that you are changing other aspects of your therapy. I would also personally consider that the body goes through a lot of different changes when we increase the meds, that similar side effects could happen as you decrease. Such as are you drinking enough water? Sleep certainly could play a part, as do the vitamins mentioned around the forum. Are you eating properly?

I really hope that this is not connected in any way to the "last chapter" and that the doctor can give you some other ideas to work with.

Let us know how you are doing.

Hi Justin: I switched from Aeds to homeopathy and weaned off my meds . No matter what I did I couldn't get off the last tab of mysoline. I would have a different kind of sz. Each time I tried !!!!!! I finally gave up , than I became toxic on the last tab of mysoline.
I couldn't stay on it, but I couldn't get off it either . Thanks to the help from BB(Donna),
she suggested that I get a smaller dose of mysoline to help me wean off .(I went from 125 mgs to 50 mgs). Low and behold it worked.
Than I cut the tab of mysoline after 3 weeks . Now I am 25 mgs, but I am afarid to drop the last tab I have been trying for 1 yr and it never works so I add the Gard diet
and I finally succeed getting off the meds.

What I am trying to tell you ,is your body is reacting to going off the meds . Thats why you fainted and your sensations are different. You will have to go slower and make adjustments.

WISHING YOU THE BEST OF LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Riva

:hello: Justin!

Hope some of the postings below have
been of assistance and glad to have you
here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom