[Recommended] Very cool epilepsy new poetry book

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
There's a very cool new book of poetry out by Maggie Mendus. It's called "Broken Consciousness" Reflections of an Epileptic.

I just finished reading it and as the reviews say: "Hauntingly accurate descriptions written from the patient perspective capture the true emotions evoked by epilesy. Conveying frustration, fear, strength, hope and courage, this is a must read for anyone touched by epilepsy, whether patient, family, friend or health care professional. After working with epilepsy patients for years, I see how these poems will launch our perspective and understanding into a new light. Brilliant and insightful. A must read!"

Steven H. Schechter, MD -- Clinical Associate Professor of Neurology,

Wayne State University, Detroil, MI and William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI

Available at Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble, etc.

There's a very cool new book of poetry out by Maggie Mendus.

What? We have some of the best poets right here on this site who have written about life in the unconscious world, thanks to Cinnabar!! Let's get our works in the spotlight! :ponder:

Last edited:
Cindy, you are correct. We have some extraordinary poets right here. There is a publishing site called LuLu.com. If any writer here is interested
they will put together a booklet of your poems which can be sold over the internet. These days nearly all authors publicized their books in this way.

I would would suggest that any writer, here, should look into this very contempory means of selling your works. I belong to a Wrtiting Forum and have seen the very professional results that LuLu.com has offered.

PS Phylis, your recommended read sounds great. Thank you for informing us.

Last edited:
Phylis, ask her to join CWE and put some of her copywrited poems right here. I am sure that they are copyrighted. Therefore, we cannot print them. Only she can.

Back
Top Bottom