Walmart and Medication

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
I was just informed from another group that Walmart has added about 1000 new drugs to its special prescription list. I do not shop at Walmart (am proud to say I have never crossed the threshold), however I know that many others do, so I thought it would be fair to share this.

http://www.walmart.com/pharmacy

It was mentioned that they do not have all medications listed on their website, so better to visit the pharmacy or call.

Last edited:
I stick with Walgreens! they are effeciant, friendy and VERY helpful.

Wal-Mart makes me want to go postal. I avoid that store.

I did not know they had a $4 Prescription Program. Much of which can be done online.
Perhaps this might be helpful to others. I prefer my neighborhood pharmacy, though CVS does a nice job too... especially our 24 hr venue.

Wal*Mart will not honor DAW (Dispense As Written)
aka Brand Name - for $4 .. and by the way, it's
going up to $5 to $7 - depending on what type of
medication you are being prescribed for. The notice
was published all over my local newspaper for quite
some time and NOT ALL MEDICATIONS ARE COVERED
UNDER THIS PLAN; only specific prescriptions are
covered under the plan.

I stick with my Pharmacy. I don't trust anyone else
and I know my Pharmacist and the Store, and they
know my Doctors - I wouldn't dare trod anywhere
else!

My employer's insurance was going to force us all to go to mail in scripts for any long term drugs, then relented and let a long time local chain fill them at the same cost. CVS, Walgreens, Wal-mart, and the rest are not covered. I will save my ranting about Wal-Mart for another post.

I am so glad that the local drugstore is still available. They can answer so many questions and I know who I am dealing with. The mail in is part of the insurance company and you know the covered drugs have nothing to do with the medical aspect, it is just what they have been able to buy at the biggest bargain.

Back
Top Bottom