What's your best guess?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Rae1889

Veteran
Reaction score
So, I'm sitting at work right now, and i have this strange feeling evry so often. not sure how to explain it. Its like a chill or the feeling of getting goosebumps, but i'm really warm. not cold at all here in the office, and i'm wearing a sweater. it comes and goes, but its not uncomfortable like all my other simple partials.

I got this feeling during my EEG with the strobe light part, once it got to a fsater speed and they told me to close my eyes.

Thoughts?

You might be interested in this stuff about goosebumps from wikipedia. At the end of the list, it mentions TLE as cause:

Goose bumps are created when tiny muscles at the base of each hair, known as arrectores pilorum, contract and pull the hair erect. The reflex is started by the sympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for many fight-or-flight responses.

As a response to cold: in animals covered with fur or hair, the erect hairs trap air to create a layer of insulation. Goose bumps can also be a response to anger or fear: the erect hairs make the animal appear larger, in order to intimidate enemies. This can be observed in the intimidation displays of chimpanzees,[1] in stressed mice[2] and rats, and in frightened cats. In humans, it can even extend to piloerection as a reaction to hearing nails scratch on a chalkboard, listening to awe-inspiring music,[3] or feeling or remembering strong and positive emotions (e.g., after winning a sports event).[4]
Piloerection as a response to cold or emotion is vestigial in humans; as humans retain only very little body hair, the reflex (in humans) now provides no known benefit.

It has been also reported that a few people have the ability to induce or control goosebumps at will. The exact mechanism of action is still unknown. People who have this ability report they can generate "shock like" waves from their Medulla Oblongata, which radiates to other parts of the body, producing goosebumps [5].

Piloerection is also a (rare) symptom of some diseases, such as temporal lobe epilepsy, some brain tumors, and autonomic hyperreflexia. Goose bumps can also be caused by withdrawal from opiates such as heroin. A skin condition that mimics goose bumps in appearance is keratosis pilaris.

It has been also reported that a few people have the ability to induce or control goosebumps at will. The exact mechanism of action is still unknown. People who have this ability report they can generate "shock like" waves from their Medulla Oblongata, which radiates to other parts of the body, producing goosebumps [5].

Piloerection is also a (rare) symptom of some diseases, such as temporal lobe epilepsy, some brain tumors, and autonomic hyperreflexia. Goose bumps can also be caused by withdrawal from opiates such as heroin. A skin condition that mimics goose bumps in appearance is keratosis pilaris.

hmmm... I can control getting goosebumps! All I have to do is think about them hard enough, and poof, there they are. but mind you, all i have to do is think really hard and stressfully about seizures and, poof there is the smell of burning rubber.....

Back
Top Bottom