When dr's aren't scared

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

valeriedl

VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it great when you find a dr that isn't afraid to do something on you because you have epilepsy?

I understand when it's dealing with medicine, that could cause more problems than good. I did have a really bad cold/flu a few weeks ago and the dr did some major med research to make sure what he was going to give me and what I was taking wouldn't cause any problems.

The dr's that I went to for my back pain I had for years took x-rays and CAT scans (can't have an MRI) and told me there was nothing wrong. Well I'd sometimes end up going to the ER on a streatcher in an ambulance because I couldn't move so obvisuly there's something wrong. They'd just give me some sort of pain med and send me to therapy. Doing the streatches at therapy did nothing. Plus the last place I went I ended up calling them aholes and walked out because they messed up my appointment.

The last dr I went to took and x-ray and saw I had a herinated disc. It was pretty much bone on bone so it's not something that just popped up overnight. That was when he suggested putting screws in my back.

There was a procedure that had to be done before the surgery to inject some sort of dye into my spine to help with the surgery, which I was awake during. If I were to have a seizure during that I could be wheeling myself around in a wheel chair right now, but he wasn't afraid to do it.

Even during the surgery, if I were to have a seizure while laying there with my back cut open who knows what could have happened. But he wasn't afraid to do that either.

He's a younger dr, new to the area, which may have had something to do with it. I'll tell you what - it's great being able to move and not hurt.

Some drs are great!

That is fantastic! I'm so glad you found a Doctor who was willing to find out what was wrong and do something about it! :clap:

Isn't it great when you find a dr that isn't afraid to do something on you because you have epilepsy?

He's a younger dr, new to the area, which may have had something to do with it. I'll tell you what - it's great being able to move and not hurt.

Some drs are great!

Grats, enjoy being mobile and painfree!!! :banana:

And yes, some drs can be a huge pain.

Wonderful!! Now you can get into all those positions you have been dreaming of.....

Back
Top Bottom