Who wants to see some surgery photos?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
And I've been having bizarre feelings about it though... my seizures were bad tonic clonic, and far apart, and so it has really been feeling like "we're going to give you a lobotomy for something you have no idea about! Whee!!" - though I'm working on emotional and logical thought processes though... here are a few though--->
(Oh, and not to forget I'm pretty certain the surgery caused a chronic subdural hematoma (which I've figured out I believe can be fatal) which was discovered later post-surgery and was discovered and handled around 6 weeks post-surgery, with another surgery.)

89acaa341a913c57d344e70c52ae046e.jpg
1c4fd30b385f0dc8c703fa884ccd3843.jpg
bf69176a84efa2d35b4e008f179974cf.jpg
2ecb17b5b4143000b835c870b3b83df1.jpg
939cbf928d6a595f3397e5c3c849175f.jpg
e87fa860cd92518ddc4ea9286a9939a5.jpg
3acf358b9eff4bf2024ea13225567030.jpg
aea110f05ce7e240f52353cfb9f85ec1.png

I want to add more typing but I need to give myself a bit of time. It freaks me out going over this stuff. It makes me think of some kind of process I had no reasoning for in a way... (oh, hence the Frankenstein and cartoon - harharhar)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the best, I hope and pray that it works for you. A scar is a slight thing if it does.

I keep having creepy and miserable feelings about it but I'm trying to get normal again or whatever and feel *good* about it. Heck I haven't had a typical seizure yet. But thank you!

Peter, I hope you heal quickly and that your brain behaves now.

Thanks y'all - in a way I'm still dealing with a kind of thing that's like "seizures? wth are ya talking about? I've never seen myself have a seizure, but right now I feel like s**t, so leave me alone!" But for others there was a different sort of realization, because they experienced them outside-in, not inside-out, or whatever, like I was (and yeah, no seizures for 4 months now... but I'm still freaking out - ughhh - it might have been "easier" in a way if I could have experienced more outside-in... but oh! I do have one vid clip of myself having a seizure (family recorded it), but still it's still a bizarre concept in my mind, kind of like "what did they do to me?" And the scarring actually kind of helps in a way, as well as a CT scan CD-ROM I got from the hospital... but still a lot of miserable bizarre thinking

I could see how it might feel freaky. Are you seeing anyone for any kind of therapy?

I'm going to see someone for a bit I guess - a calming vibe place that was recommended - other family had talked there too

*edit*
Oh! And actually I've been chatting with a local person who's been through similar surgery years ago��
Hopefully to meat at some point I'm thinking

Last edited:
That's great! Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

i was going to have a 2 or 3 stage surgery at Mayo (in MN) but the chances of improvement were so bleak, the surgery itself seemed almost harmful.

Plus i would need to stay there for 6-10wks for recovery....

are you doing anything for the scars..?

Eeek - stupid me I have a website stuck on my phone webpages --->
[ http://m.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Scars ]
...but I kind of keep skipping it... I've done the olive oil thing a couple/few times, but it's just hard to keep it in my mind in that way... it's even weird to comprehend that scarring still other than what is going through my thinking... but now that you mention it again I'll make sure to do it again tomorrow before shower!

Back
Top Bottom