Whoopsie Daisy!!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I have been doing pretty well lately, recovered from the awful kidney infection and just feeling generally so much better HOWEVER, I did a boo boo :noevil:

I take 750mg of Keppra in the morning and the evening. Previously, my doctor just prescribed 500mg and 250mg - so I ended up taking two tablets in the morning and again in the evening. However, when I was in hospital - they prescribed it all in one. I asked my doctor if he would do the same... and he did. No problem. Carry on as you were.

Hmm... I forgot that I still had the 500mg and 250mg stored in my medicine cabinet. This is where it goes down hill (insert 'doh' here). (Oh... and you get a free hug if you can guess what happens next - lol)

For the last few days, I have been feeling "out of sorts". My colleagues at work noticed that I was becoming a little erratic in my behaviour, I kept on blanking out and my husband and daughter were getting a little concerned that the seizures were again increasing. I have been having terrible headaches, feeling pretty lethargic and noticing 'time slips' again.

It was only last night that I realised my silly error. Yes, my friends... I thought that the YELLOW ones were the 750mg... not the ORANGE ones. Gahh...!!! Judging by how many ORANGE ones there are left, we have deduced (like good ol' Sherlock and Dr. Watson) that I have been on only 1000mg for probably a week - and boy, have I noticed a difference already.

So... without further pomp and circumstance - we dropped off the yellow (and blue pills - was obvious they were definitely not the correct doseage lol) to the pharmasist to dispose of.

I am hoping (naturally) that my levels will return to normal soon and these feelings will subside... but perhaps that serves a reminder to us all.

Lesson Learned: Never judge a tablet by its colour :rock:

(....and if this post seems long winded, erratic or odd... it has everything to do with how I am feeling right now... pity my family and collagues :bigsmile:)

*hugs* to you all x

Well, I'm glad you figured it out! It's a bit of a curse that you have to remember which pill to take when. And the pill makes your memory worse...

Ohhhhh, no!!!

I've done that before!

It sucks a hill o' beans!!! I'm so very sorry that you had this happen, darlin'!! Glad to hear you're feeling better, though!!!

((((HUGS))))

Meetz
:rock:

lol :) Thanks guys! I suppose it's not really a laughing matter (especially considering how it could have been so much worse)... but if anything, it underlines the fact that you must be very careful that you take the correct doseage! It also highlights the fact that I do need the meds if I am to live seizure free!

Still not feeling too great (hence how I have probably reacted to the silly lady who is deliberately coming off her meds all for the sake of Art and publicity)... but I am hoping that things will be ok in a few days.

Just out of interest, how long will it be before I start feeling better again? I have been on the accidental reduced doseage for a week. Would really appreciate an answer as I am sure that the stress of this hasn't helped either :(

Fortunately Keppra is one of the drugs that you can taper up on relatively quickly. It's hard to know for sure, but it shouldn't take more than a few days for your body to readjust. In the meantime, take it easy, don't push yourself.

Thank you so much for your quick reply Nakamova xx

That has reassured me somewhat :) I am definitely taking it easy over the weekend - I am child-free (woohoo) until Sunday.

*hugs* xx

My 'Whoopsie Daisy' has now turned into an 'Oh dearie, dearie me... what have I done!"

Been a rough few days... feel really out of sorts and just bleurgh. I have been putting off the repeat appointment to my neurologist, but today was just too much. I also have a suspicion that I am getting a kidney infection again :(

So... I called the secretary and it looks as if my guardian angel was definitely pulling strings - I see my neurologist tomorrow at 8:30am!

Wish me luck... I fear a lecture will be coming from my neurologist :(

Good luck with the appointment, and feel better soon! Infections can bring on seizures if you already have a lowered seizure threshold, so be careful!

ahh... yess... I forgot about infections and what it can do :S See... completely and utterly useless I am! Thanks Nakamova xx

Grrr... things didn't go according to plan. :S

I don't know why, but there's me thinking that I would be able to drive again in May (when I first started taking the tablets)... but oh no, my hopes were cruelly shattered when he advised me that I wouldn't be driving for at least another year yet :(

He also ordered another MSU test and I have to go back to my GP (umm.. can't even get an appointment :S) :(

I feel so despondent right now. Fed up and all that. Seriously, I really thought I was coping much better (had made plans to go away next year with the kids on my own for the summer - outings out etc).

:paperbag:

I have re-written this post a half a dozen time... Everything sounds like a platatiude. It sucks that you can't drive, and that it ruined your plans. Nothing I can say will change that but remember sometime changes bring suprises, things you couldn't have planned better if you tried. The whole close a door open a window thing does happen.

((((((((((((((GIANT BEAR HUG)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Well, now,

doesn't that just bite the big one? I'm soooo VERY sorry Tempus!! Maybe there's a way that you can still work that vacation out?? With a little creative thinking?? Take a shuttle perhaps? Just a thought......I'll put on my thinking cap and see if I can come up with any other suggestions.....

Thank you SeizingBeauty and Meetz - I am trying not to beat myself up about it and today, well - I just feel slightly resigned (but grateful for these messages). Managed to see a GP today (my regular one is off sick :S) and it turns out I do YET AGAIN have a UTI. Hmm.. that will be the 3rd one in as many months then :S Perhaps that's why I am feeling pretty low too :ponder:

The results came back that I am sensitive to all cultures (?) whatever the heck that means! Smite me oh mighty Smiter! Suffice it to say, I am on antibiotics now (Nitrofurantoin) so hopefully, these will kick the germs out and sort me out :)

*hugs* and thank you for putting up with my moaning xx

(Meetz - if you do think of anything... please let me know xx)

Hello TempusFugit,
Just been reading all of the above and hope things work out for you very soon. I hope you are feeling a little better in yourself now.
Sending lots of ((((HUGS)))) your way.
Best Wishes
Debbie
:rose:

Awww thanks Deb - I really do appreciate that xx

I am normally a happy go lucky person but am mindful that a lot of my posts are full of moans and groans :S

I am normally a happy go lucky person but am mindful that a lot of my posts are full of moans and groans :S
Same here! I think everyone understands. Besides it feels a little weird to come on and post a thread saying "it was just an ordinary day and i'm fine"
:roflmao:

Here's a thought

although it's not about the vacation.

My daughter, who's 23, STILL has issues with UTIs. I can too, if I don't stay hydrated enough (I KNOW I'M WEIRD...) However, her solution (and mine) is to drink cranberry juice. LOTS of it. She can drink up to a bottle of it sometimes...and although it takes a bit of time to work through her system (half hour, maybe an hour), it definitely HELPS.....

My daughter, who's 23, STILL has issues with UTIs. I can too, if I don't stay hydrated enough (I KNOW I'M WEIRD...) However, her solution (and mine) is to drink cranberry juice. LOTS of it.

Just remember to try to get the unsweetened cranberry juice as sugar can help contribute to the problem.

Back
Top Bottom