Worried if I should start preparing for Medical Retirement

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hi, Justice035
I don't know what your post said, but I will say that is important for anyone with a chronic medical condition to be as financially prepared as possible for a sudden increase in medical expenses (eg. for medication, hospital stay) or to have to leave work for a temporary or extended period of time (or permanently). Some people have the benefit of workplace short and long term disability plans, as well as insurance coverage through work. For those who do not, it is important to contribute to medical insurance on their own and to set aside a special savings account to cover them when or if needed. Often purchasing private insurance and/or putting money into a high interest savings account can be a financial burden, but can be well worth it in the long run.

(Sorry if I was way off topic with what your post might have been, but thought I'd take a guess at what you were getting at).

Hi, Justice035
I don't know what your post said, but I will say that is important for anyone with a chronic medical condition to be as financially prepared as possible for a sudden increase in medical expenses (eg. for medication, hospital stay) or to have to leave work for a temporary or extended period of time (or permanently). Some people have the benefit of workplace short and long term disability plans, as well as insurance coverage through work. For those who do not, it is important to contribute to medical insurance on their own and to set aside a special savings account to cover them when or if needed. Often purchasing private insurance and/or putting money into a high interest savings account can be a financial burden, but can be well worth it in the long run.

(Sorry if I was way off topic with what your post might have been, but thought I'd take a guess at what you were getting at).

I had posted a really lengthy post about my work situation but got worried that I had said too much so I deleted.
Thank you for taking the time to offer advice, greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom