You start to feel old when...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

When you have to take Sleepy Time tea to sleep at night. Since I have gotten older, I am an insomiac.

When I go into a room and wonder why I went in there. Then I leave the room and remember. I go back again and forget. I just figure that I will give up!!

The first thing on your grocery list is denture grip!

You forget to write, but you still remember how to use the internet and type.:roflmao:

You have more replacement parts in your body than in your car.

When you hear sirens you want to shout, "I'm fine, don't take me!!"

When you hear sirens you want to shout, "I'm fine, don't take me!!"

when you can still say that while post-tictal is even worse.

or you have been having seizures and crawling into bed and going to sleep while post tictal still,
sleep through phone calls, and other business. makes you wonder just how tired you really are.

Last edited:
When your doctor says that you have Alzheimer's or Parkinson's. The doctor knows you have one, just which one. Maybe both?

when you have forgotten more movies than you have seen

when you look forward to going home and cleaning your kitchen on a friday night,

I'm 26 but I grew up inside my parents little 70s bubble. We had an dially phone where you actually dial the numbers, and until I was about 11 I only ever heard music that came out of the 70s.

There is more dust on you than on your furniture.

Your stairs don't creak, your bones do all the creaking.

go one further...got some bits and bobs from 'betterbuy'one was shoe horn it arrived in box saying 'help the elderly'it age charity.box gone in bin

if you have ever felt like the one on the right

7qwnRIvujr0xys3wp7szbE71o1_400.jpg

All your favorite shows you used to watch growing up are online.

Over 200+ tv channels, and there is still nothing to watch. :(

Your "movie night" has progressed from:

going to the movies/drive-in,
to going to the video store,
to channel surfing for a new movie.

*your so old that you forget you could stream movies online*

Can't believe how different booty calling and butt dialing are

^--- either can get you into trouble for various reasons. lol

You find yourself using old sayings and phrases like they are modern.

The idea of being "green" has become too complicated for you.

When you can say "I used to be able to fill up my gas tank for less than $10!"

(I'm sure though there are some of you can say that you could fill it up for even less than that)

when other people come to you for advice when on what to do when they feel old.

Back
Top Bottom