You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You know you've got epilepsy when... you come home from the supermarket with XXL boxer shorts instead of a pint of milk AND the oldest man in the house is 6 years old...you have scared the $hit out of everyone around you and are busy trying to tell them NOT to call an ambulance...you land on AND break a 42 inch tv in the supermarket while your daughter sniggers...you switch off EVERY socket in the kitchen and cost yourself £270-odd on a boiler engineer you dont need and wasted frozen food...you throw away EVERY pair of your daughters undies ON BIN DAY for no apparent reason, and have to replace the whole lot...your brother tells you he is going to buy you a new brain on e-bay...:roflmao:

LM.......

That ALL sounds like stuff I'd do...........every last bit of it........:roflmao::roflmao: Have you ever found your keys in the freezer or the refrigerator??

You know you're an epileptic if...

You're at work at your computer and the next thing you know you "wake up" sitting in your chair with your boss' nose .5 inches from yours & him saying "You're fine, I already called Shane, for the 3rd time)...

when you get up to walk it off, there's a suspiciously damp feeling in your crotch - and you remember which desk drawer you put the "spare work pants and underwear" in just in case <lol>

You know you have epilepsy when you've been looking for hours for your favorite shoes and your hubby finds them in the crisper drawer in the refrigerator. :lol:

HA, too funny and so true! :D I can SOOO relate!

Here's mine:

I had had one of those seizure kind-of-days...
After I was in bed one night, my hubby needed to wash his work uniform. With work clothes in hand, he headed to the the laundry room. He opened the lid to toss everything in...and found our washing machine full of spaghetti! :roflmao:
I suppose you know you have epilepsy if an open washing machine and an open trash can are one-in-the-same! ;)

-Julie

You know you're an epileptic if...
when you get up to walk it off, there's a suspiciously damp feeling in your crotch - and you remember which desk drawer you put the "spare work pants and underwear" in just in case <lol>

Boy, can I relate to this one! I had a drawer at work filled with what looked like a tornado or disaster relief kit! I had that drawer crammed full of undies, pants, shirts, socks, shoes, first aid kit, bandages, emergency phone numbers, food, extra medication...you name it, I had it. :e:

It was kind of funny though, when I went to leave that job, a coworker was helping me pack up my office. She said, "Julie, Do you know you've got some Victoria Secrets' in your file cabinit?" :roflmao: I just looked at her, "yep...I'll take those." :rolleyes:;)
-Julie

Hey Buck,
I am one girl that loves football!! My hubby is so lucky. I will call him with scores if he has to work. Our son thinks it is great because I know players, stats etc. We are counting the days till college and NFl games start. Break out the brats!! And chili!! I am the football party planner!!! Come on down to our house for a gmae or two! : ) Let's tailgate!!!!!!!!!

Michelle

If you have ever stood up during an office meeting and demanded that your boss apologize for stealing and not ever returning the pencil that happens to be in your hand at the moment.

If you are sick and tired of people always asking why you are yelling when you are doing nothing but sitting quietly

You wake up with large bruises and no clue where or when you have gotten them

You call a person 5 minutes after hanging up with them to ask them if they forgot to return your phone call from yesterday

You eat dinner right after you ate dinner

You have ever won the wildest and craziest dancer award at a dance where you vowed to be a wallflower - and are convinced you were one

1. If you have situations all the time where someone is telling a story that involves you, and you have no memory of it.

2. If you have numerous scars and missing spots on your tongue.

You are really tired when your friend takes you out to burger king and grab a stirrer instead of a draw.

he says, "you've got a stirrer. I've got straws."

You hear, "You've got to stir her." and so began shaking your cup of ice tea to swirl it around.

He exclaims, "Are you okay? your hand!!"

You, "I'm fine, why?"

he, "your hand, its going like this" holding up his hand and twitching.

you, "I'm stirring the ice tea because you said it needed to be stirred."

Mark,

:roflmao: Don't you just "love" (said with sarcasm) those post-ictal states and sleepless nights? :rolleyes: I can totally relate!

That and you gotta "love" those conversations that suddenly stop because you have no idea what the conversation was about.
:pop:

That and you gotta "love" those conversations that suddenly stop because you have no idea what the conversation was about.

Or that stop because in the middle of a discussion about susie's dance recital you bring up how your dog just got his pilots license and will be flying cars.

Reading another thread just gave me a great idea. You can have your own business. Place an add in the paper, "I have epilepsy. For $10 you can follow me around all day and I might do something hillarious......by the way its your duty to inform the police that i truly did think that was my car, that the banker had stolen all my money, and that the cop was garfield."

That is exactly what I'm going through right now! This is why I like to write things down more than talk on the phone or face-to-face; It's difficult to participate in conversations if you can't remember what you wanted to say or what the topic is when it's your turn to talk. :ponder:

And of course, there is the "no memory of the conversation" afterwards issue too. :paperbag: Thank goodness for e-mail!

-Julie :e::twocents:

don't i know it,
and it's even better when you get half way through i conversation you started, pause because suddenly you can't remember what you were saying or even the subject of the conversation, so you start talking again about the first thing you can think of, hoping it is the right thing, but it is not, the person you are talking to though is so use to the sudden subject changes that the conversation goes on without missing a beat...

You know you have epilepsy when you start taking the dishes up right after you've set the table.

:e::woot::roflmao:

Belinda

Buckeyefan said:

Don't I know it! Happens allllllll the time!
And the thing that was mentioned about forgetting what the conversation was and starting a new conversation, on a new subject, right in the middle of the old subject conversation and your wife has gotten so used to that she has learned to pick up right there and keep on talking as if the new conversation was the one that you were talking about all along.

My wife is goooooooooood at this. It took her a while but she is the queen of it now. It blows my moms mind because she gets tremendously confused as she cannot understand how the conversation changed so quick without any hint that it was going to. :roflmao:

As long as you do not catch yourself on a travel trailer or in a dempster when you start to hear or see him. :banana:

Back
Top Bottom