You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Been there walksalot. ;) Sucks to have a lap full of food!

DR too funny! :roflmao:

Mark,
:agree: :p

-Julie

when your at a buffet and u try to hand cashier wallet instead debt card or you start to try to eat your napkin instead of the plate of food.

That's funny, Marjormana. How did the napkin taste before you put it down? Once
I was standing at the cashier at Walmart with my hand out waiting for my change and I heard her say "Are you alright, Mam?" My change was in my hand and I was still standing there waiting for it. I felt embarassed because I was holding up the line behind me.

I'm sorry about that yuk thing. I've eaten other stuff by accident, too. Other stuff I ate was yukky, too, but I never ate paper.

You know you have epilepsy when you are typing on the PC one moment and open your eyes and are in the ER naked, pee all over w/ just a gown over you, and you don't know how you got there or what you last typed!!!

You have woken up several times convinced you either need to enroll in a local Catholic elementary school or are a current student there, even though you have long since passed elementary school age and aren't Roman Catholic

you know you have epilepsy when you've lost your keys to your apartment and your crawling up the steps to the building you live in.

Belinda

You suddenly feel a need to make ammends to ants for that fact that you used to run your foot over the holes in ant hills just to watch the ants come out and fix them. No matter that you were only 5 years old at the time.

At least thats how I felt today. And being as thats so odd, I'm attributing it to epilepsy and not a newfound desire to start a religion that worships ants

By the way, have you guys heard about Hailant. Its this great philosophy where your life is based on careful observation of other creatures on earth to determine the best way to live and provide for all specific other creatures. To learn more, bend down, say "I hailant." and move to my house, where I'll teach you everything you need to know to become a hailant

You have ever wondered which would make more sense - a conversation between two alzheimers patients, or a conversation between two epileptics who were having uncontrolled partial seizures

When your 23 yr old son reminds you of the time that you were going to a dr because you had Lyme Disease for a tick bite and have no memory of it!!

When your 80 yr old mother remembers things differently than you do and you used to smile sweetly thinking she had alzheimer's or demensia and now you cry wondering if you do!!

... Shake, Rattle, and Roll - doesn't always
mean ... Earthquakes!

:noevil:

I'm very thankful today is Thanksgiving.

Because when i woke up I was thinking how important it was for me to kill my neurologist. And if I had been able to call, I probably would have said something like, "i'm worried about some things I'm experiencing and so I felt I should kill the doctor."

Lucky for me, today is a holiday and only two people heard me talking about needing to kill my doctor. Could you see me walking into the office "hey, I tried to kill Dr. Smith but I couldn't get ahold of anyone who works here. Can you please let me see her today" :roflmao:

I meant "call."

When you finally muster up the energy to cook a homemade meal, spend 30 minutes putting together a yummy meatloaf, pop it in the oven, 45 minutes later you're sitting on the couch wondering what that delicious smell is and have no idea what you are cooking until your husband reminds you that you just made a meatloaf! :loco:

That is exactly what I'm going through right now! This is why I like to write things down more than talk on the phone or face-to-face; It's difficult to participate in conversations if you can't remember what you wanted to say or what the topic is when it's your turn to talk. :ponder:

And of course, there is the "no memory of the conversation" afterwards issue too. :paperbag: Thank goodness for e-mail!

-Julie :e::twocents:

I can so relate to this.

What I did during a seizure

You Rip out every EEG Lead in your Head and have no idea what you did afterward and left the cement in your hair
you act like everything is normal (Until the nurse comes in and asks about it and you can't give her an answer)
the guy had to come in and replace the leads I tore out of my head
the Hospital had me on camera though

:oops:

Last edited:
You know you have epilepsy when you go to reply to this post with a really witty response and cant actually remember what that response was! (or in my case what post i was replying to!)

Back
Top Bottom