You know you have epilepsy if...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

You know you have seizures when you're standing at the front door opening and closing it while in your Birthday Suit! Yes... unfortunately my neighbors saw and they've never looked at me the same ever since!

You know you have seizures when you start babbling to the EMT like a baby, and twirling your hair like a little girl and picking at things!

ya know ya have epilepsy when ya wake up feeling like you were ran over by a mac or semi truck.

Cowgirl,

Boy, can I relate to what you wrote. :e: Been there. :paperbag:

Here's my latest:
You know you have epilepsy when you're sitting on your sofa eating dinner, and the next thing you know your two year old son has walked through your chicken alfredo! (now in the floor)

Good grief! :rolleyes:
-Julie

Last edited:
You know you have epilepsy when you go to reply to this post with a really witty response and cant actually remember what that response was! (or in my case what post i was replying to!)

:roflmao: LMAO I'm right there with ya Charlie.

-Julie :e:

As if you already didn't know....

You actually can understand these
(and sometimes your Neurologist or
Epileptologist can too)

Anti-Epileptic Drugs:
Dopamax (Topamax)
Dopey-coat (Depokote)
Fell from Hell (Felbatol)
K-pin (Klonopin)
Miso or Myso (Mysoline)
KepRage (Keppra)
Tri'en Hell (Trileptal)
Stripping Hall (Stiripentol)
Dazey Pam (Diazepam)
Fell from Mate (Felbamate)
note: don't think spouse would enjoy that
Ether Sux Mine (Ethosuximide)
New Run of Psychosis (Neurontin)
Habitrail <remember those? for hamsters?> (Gabitril)
Dopey Cane (Depakene)
Lammy (Lamictal)

Medical Abbreviations:
T.I.D. (Latin - Ter In Die) Turn In Dear
B.I.D. (Latin - Bis In Die) Buys And Die
Q.I.D. (Latin - Quater In Die) Quick In Diet
P.O. (Latin - Per Os) Possible Operation
A.C. (Latin - Ante Cibum) A/C D/C - :rock:
Q.D. (Latin - Quaque Die) Quiet Dude!
P.R.N. (Latin - Pro Re Nata) Probably Run Now!
H.S. (Latin - Hora Somni) Holy Sh*t!

Just for fun ... I added this:
Latin: Dementia a Potu
it means ...
Insanity from drinking
(But drinking WHAT???)

:ponder:

Last edited:
(Just being fair)

Out of fairness, because I understand
Pharmacology due to my deceased father
who was a Chief Pharmacist ... for those
who do not understand all of the terminology
but knows of some of them ...

T.I.D. (Latin - Ter In Die) means Three times a day
B.I.D. (Latin - Bis In Die) means Twice a day
Q.I.D. (Latin - Quater In Die) means Four times a day
P.O. (Latin - Per Os) means "by mouth"
A.C. (Latin - Ante Cibum) means before meals
Q.D. (Latin - Quaque Die) means every day
P.R.N. (Latin - Pro Re Nata) means as needed
H.S. (Latin - Hora Somni) means taken at bedtime

I think i've done a lot of those things!

I've put the TV remote control in the fridge, and a strawberry yoghurt on my dads chair

When my mum woke me up for work as i'd turned my alarm off in my sleep again, i leapt out of bed saying "aw crap we'd better go - we were supposed to pick granny up to go shopping an hour ago!" This being at half six in the morning, when my granny was over at home in Ireland (I'm in England)

Also, i smoke, but i've had to recently start counting the butts in the ashtray, as i forget whether i've had one, and light up another!

I used to have moments when i'd start talking, and carry on wittering on for a good couple of minutes, and then realised my friend/whoever i was talking to is staring at me blankly, and i have absolutely no idea what i was talking about!

Also, i wonder why my budgies are going through food so fast, and then my dad says "Why are you filling it up and then emptying it and filling it up again?"

Although i could just be really dopey :pfft:

i've got 3 more lol

ya know ya have epilepsy if ya dont relize how shaky you are till you were tryn to take ibrofen becuase your hurting and it ends up on the floor
or if ya our on skype and hang up before you say bye and dont relize it for a few while laying in bed
or ya decide to be nice so ya order pasta for lunch for every one and takes ya 3 times to rember to bring your wallet back to your room

You know you have epilepsy if

you shiver because you are cold, and all of the sudden everyone around you goes into seizure mode :p

You were doing your work in class and then all of the sudden see coaches and administrators surrounding you. You get scared so you punch them.. And then apologize continuously haha.

You wake up and see blood and realize its just another day, while everyone else freaks out

Ya know you have E if

your wife comes home and sees footprints in the snow making repeated circles. You figure out later that you were having a bad aura. Mine make my head and body pull to the left and it hit me as I was heading for the house.

"Your wife comes home and sees footprints in the snow making repeated circles."

:roflmao: Buckeye, that hit my funny bone just right. I guess because I've "been there" so many times myself. Well, at least you got some exercise! (that's what I tell myself when I've walked a mile but gone nowhere)

O.k...here's mine. You know you have epilepsy if:

You have ever been getting dressed for bed in something "sexy" and as you look down your body you see a trail of bruises from an earlier sz you didn't know you had.
So, you decide, "to heck with it...10 bucks says he won't even notice a bruise."

Buckeye...this one may not apply to you. :D

-Julie

Last edited:
I can't top any of these stories. I think I've done them all. If ya cant find it , look in the freezer. Or in the couch. I can never keep a conversation going. My son 11 and has epilepsy reminds me what I am suppose to be doing. He has a great memory.My 68 year old mother reminds me of what I need to do. LOL

You wake up in bathroom at school (covered in urine) and wonder why you couldn't have made it a couple more feet

Ya know ya have epilepsy when ya burst into camp songs while ridding in car for no reason when ya totally dislike them

When you're sure you've drunk all your white grape and elderberry wine (Non alcoholic of course) Only to find two months later that it's still on the shelf you put it so you'd remember where it is. And it's still in date!

Slainte!​

When someone accuses you of not listening to them and asks you what they were talking about. Oh, guess I wasn't listening. I really thought I was...

Back
Top Bottom